Manchester United Talk banner

Who should start on the left against Bolton?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find a split decision with these two players.

I really like them both but Park at the moment would be my choice because he has proved he is consistent.

Nani on the other hand is not consistent but when he has a good day he can really be a class player on his day.

Now i feel in the Bolton game it will be no doubt physical so i would guess Park will play instead of Nani, same situation as the Chelsea game, Park was more suitable because the game would suit players that were ready to battle for the ball.

But then Nani plays against Middlesboro and Middlesboro are not a team that hesitate in challenges. Middlesboro are also a tall strong team, i think Nani coped with this and showed he really wants to be picked in what ever situation comes every week against another team.

I am still split with these two, because i like to see a battler who can cause frustration against other teams like Park but i also like to see a classy winger taking on players creating crosses and goal scoring opportunities and Nani has that plus he also battles but needs to be more consistent.

I do not now, still split with these two.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Park to start and nani to come on in the 67th minute to terrorize the tired Bolton lege.

If Carrick weren't injured, I'd play Carrick and Anderson at CM, Ronaldo on the left and Hargreaves on the right.

Seeing as I would now want Hargo and Anderson in the middle, I want:

- - - - - - - -Tevez-Berbatov - - - - - - - - -

Park - Anderson - Hargreaves - Ronaldo

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Park to start and nani to come on in the 67th minute to terrorize the tired Bolton lege.

If Carrick weren't injured, I'd play Carrick and Anderson at CM, Ronaldo on the left and Hargreaves on the right.

Seeing as I would now want Hargo and Anderson in the middle, I want:

- - - - - - - -Tevez-Berbatov - - - - - - - - -

Park - Anderson - Hargreaves - Ronaldo
exactly what i was gonna post....park to start and nani halfway through the second half....nani still aint the finished article by a long way.....an early ronaldo at the moment but gr8 for a run out in the second half and he should run the ragged with his pace especially as we'll be two or three up by then!!! .... here's hoping

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Park on the right and Giggs on the left!

both have done more than the Portugal's couple and both are playing better with heart and play with much more workrate

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
abojodeh said:
Park on the right and Giggs on the left!

both have done more than the Portugal's couple and both are playing better with heart and play with much more workrate

:p

Oh abo....thank you for my daily dose of laughter.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Id like to see Nani, park is a great player...but nani and evra up the left wing is brilliant to watch....they feed off eachover and the little triangles they play to bring defences out then split them open is a must...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think nani as he should prove he can play well against the stonger more physical teams and not just come out and create problems in the second half...i want to battle it out for the ball and give it his all.....park is consistent but not sure he will play...
if nani cant play well against a team like bolton then why do we have him??? he should be able to play well against all the teams and he should prove he is united material!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Emm i'm a bit spilt on this one myself. I voted for Nani but I think I might be unfair
on Park. I was thinking that Nani is a class footballer who will create goals and
take players on. But then Park isn't just a work horse either, he isn't afraid to go
at his man and get balls in the box. Hasn't got as good dilvery hough i suppose.
Also with his work rate he helps the team out so much. I voted Nani but i'm gonna
go with RFR and say bring Nani on in the second half when there's tired limbs out
there and he can make an impact.Plus i would use the fact we're playing a
physical team as an excuse not to play Nani. If he's gonna really make it big with
us it can't matter who we're playing. He needs to be able to step up to the
physical challenge and come out on top.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That is a great question trikam and it's a tough one to call.

We're at home so should attack from the start and I expect us to have far too much for Bolton so the more attacking player, Nani, would be the best option in that respect. However, Bolton are a very physical side and we've all seen Nani doesn't like being roughed up so Park may cope with their tactics better.

Considering Park scored at Chelsea, so his confidence will be up, and he will cope with Bolton's physical tactics better than Nani I agree with RFR's idea. We should start with Park and bring on Nani for the last 20-25 minutes.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Nani all the way,i think we have enough 'yeah but his work rate is brilliant' players at the moment *cough* Rooney,Fletcher *cough* WE NEED NANI.I love this lad,give him another season and he will be rocking!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
park deserves to start he gets involved far more than nani does ,park plays with his heart and soul and i like that in a player.while nani is very talented but is a show pony in all honesty -ronaldo has mastered the game and scores many goals nani tries to copy but needs to mature because he lets himself down when he gets into some great positions.so at this moment i side with park and he deserves a decent run in the team to really excell,nani's day will come im sure but he needs to calm down to get the best from himself.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I dont normally bother with either/or polls but in this case I did, and voted Park. If he is fit, he will unlock Bolton's defenders quite well. Nani on the bench if it does not work out.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think Park should be ahead in the pecking order no matter what team we're playing.

Nani is too inconsistent, doesn't work hard all the time, hides in games a lot, doesn't give the full-back protection (although I doubt the full-back needs protection against a team like Bolton) and isn't on fantastic form right now. I know he played well against Middlesborough from what I've heard (as I haven't seen it) but thats been his only good game of the season. I'm not trying to bash Nani, as hes a very talented player who, in time, will become a fantastic football. However, hes got a long way to go just now, and those problems are quite big just now.

Park is under-rated imho, and hes on fantastic form right not. He works hard for the team, isn't as good as Nani can be in the final third, buts hes still good in the final third, is very consistent imo, gives the full-back plenty of protection (although, as I said, I doubt the full-back needs protection against Bolton) and doesn't go missing. Even when hes having a bad game, he still hassles the opposition and gives 110%. Hes been great since we signed him, but since hes came back from injury hes been fantastic, and I can't remember a game he was terrible in since.

So, Park for me! :)

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm going to vote for Park too. He deserves more first team opportunities because he
always puts the work in and he has a good eye for a killer pass when he's in the final
third. Nani has been inconsistent so far and needs to earn his place in the team.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts