Manchester United Talk banner

Who should start on the left against Bolton?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
manutd004 said:
I think Park should be ahead in the pecking order no matter what team we're playing.

Nani is too inconsistent, doesn't work hard all the time, hides in games a lot, doesn't give the full-back protection (although I doubt the full-back needs protection against a team like Bolton) and isn't on fantastic form right now. I know he played well against Middlesborough from what I've heard (as I haven't seen it) but thats been his only good game of the season. I'm not trying to bash Nani, as hes a very talented player who, in time, will become a fantastic football. However, hes got a long way to go just now, and those problems are quite big just now.

Park is under-rated imho, and hes on fantastic form right not. He works hard for the team, isn't as good as Nani can be in the final third, buts hes still good in the final third, is very consistent imo, gives the full-back plenty of protection (although, as I said, I doubt the full-back needs protection against Bolton) and doesn't go missing. Even when hes having a bad game, he still hassles the opposition and gives 110%. Hes been great since we signed him, but since hes came back from injury hes been fantastic, and I can't remember a game he was terrible in since.

So, Park for me! :)

^ more good stuff. Summed it up nicely and convincingly too. :)

It's amazing that in time to come Nani will turn into an inanimate object that will be kicked by people. :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I'm one of Nani's biggest critics as some of you may know and as Blade said
above, he needs to earn his place in the team. I like Park and think he has done
well for us and he definitely deserves his chance, but we are playing Bolton
at home here. I predict a riot and that we will clobber them. Its time for the goals
to flow and it will start on Saturday. I think we will play some attacking stuff
and Nani is the man to have in the team, cos of his trickery and pace.
Id also be happy if Park started and Nani came on with 20 or so to go,
just so he can use his pace against the tired legs of Bolton's players.
Actually now I'm not sure anymore :confused: I hope they both get a run out.
Park can be a good impact sub as well with his tireless running.
I was going to controversially vote for Nani:D when I started writing this post
but now Ill go for Park.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
^ more good stuff. Summed it up nicely and convincingly too. :)

It's amazing that in time to come Nani will turn into an inanimate object that will be kicked by people. :D
Of course, I meant a fantastic footballer. I would be a bit worried if he became a fantasic football, as I originally said :eek: :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
above, he needs to earn his place in the team. I like Park and think he has done
at home here. I predict a riot and that we will clobber them. Its time for the goals
to flow and it will start on Saturday. I think we will play some attacking stuff

Actually now I'm not sure anymore I hope they both get a run out.
but now Ill go for Park.

- First of all, I said that too, start with Park and bring on Nani to really run them ragged.

The more I think about the more I'd love to be a Doctor Frankenstein and mix their DNA. Imagine if we could combine the, team ethic, tireless effort and stamina of Park with Nani's attacking abilities! :eek:

You would have been the only mod to vote for Nani! :D We're either brainwashing each other or all just equally thick. ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
id like to see nani play, we will probably hammer bolton and id like to see some of the younger players play not as many as in the boro match after all it is a prem match and theirs a job to do first.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
-

You would have been the only mod to vote for Nani! :D We're either brainwashing each other or all just equally thick. ;)
Bit of both me thinks :D
I actually went for Park in the end but was about to go for my friend Nini.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Park for me.

it will be a physical battle, look what clichy got.
i wont want injuries to happen to us, or suspension *thinks back nani vs westham*

plus, park has got a decent cross in him, and superb work rate. if park hasnt got a decent cross in him, why is he wearing the red of manchester?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
For me Nani should start. He has a lot more actual quality than Prk, who IMO is better in he game where we will need more running.

Nani is the better player when it comes to breaking teams down so he should start.

Even though I want Nani to start I hope, if we're winning, that Park comes on after 70 mins as I also want Rafael to come on and get a run out and Park offers a lot more protection.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Actually now I'm not sure anymore :confused: I hope they both get a run out.
but now Ill go for Park
I was the same but i voted for Nani before i wrote my piece and by the time i'd
finished writing it i felt Park would be the best option. It really is a tough descision
but its excellent that we can have such different option that can bring different
aspects to a game.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
The best asian player Park Ji-Sung.........

He will provide more space to rooney and rooney to scores...

Whoa.... that's a big statement. I won't disagree, but I think some Iranians would. ;)

Have to say though that he's playing well and holding his own at the biggest club in the world, so that certainly would make him the best in my eyes too.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reason why i go with Park, Martin Tyler has the answer... :D

Tyler's Starting Stat - Drawing conclusions:

Sunday was the first time United had NOT won a Premier League game in which Park Ji-Sung had started. They had won the previous 16 and were of course winning when he was taken off on Sunday!

Any bigger reason than that? :p

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Its suicide to play with Berbatov, Nani and Ronaldo at the same time. This will send guys like Rooney or/and Tevez even deeper to help the defence. Cant defend with just 7 players for 90 minutes even if we face Notlob.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
spellbound said:
Its suicide to play with Berbatov, Nani and Ronaldo at the same time. This will send guys like Rooney or/and Tevez even deeper to help the defence. Cant defend with just 7 players for 90 minutes even if we face Notlob.
Nani does have the energy to defend as well, so i dont think that would be a problem and ronaldo would sway with tevez if we are defending so that leaves just ronaldo and berba up there and the rest defending

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Park should start he have done allot versus Chelsea
last season he have been immense versus Barca but he didn't get picked for the UCL final and that was harsh and also depressed park allot
so i think a start versus Bolton would be good for him

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
abojodeh said:
Park should start he have done allot versus Chelsea
last season he have been immense versus Barca but he didn't get picked for the UCL final and that was harsh and also depressed park allot
so i think a start versus Bolton would be good for him

Yeah i think fergy needs to give him a chance now amybe thats why nani played against middlesboro to rest park. But if park gets picked he needs to show his ability in the game. Its his chance

21 - 40 of 62 Posts