Manchester United Talk banner

Who should start on the left against Bolton?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Whoa.... that's a big statement. I won't disagree, but I think some Iranians would. ;)

Have to say though that he's playing well and holding his own at the biggest club in the world, so that certainly would make him the best in my eyes too.
Or should I say he is the best asian player in bpl.......
Surely, he provide more space to ronaldo and rooney to scores.....
He have scored against Arsenal and Chelsea maybe next time Fergie should play him against Liverpool...and maybe he could continue his run to scored in big matches....
Park and Rooney can play together.....He's a player just like Rooney, and will play a big part in a match he play....Can't for his next game........This is THE REAL reason why he should start rather than Nani....Nani should start as a SUB......Nani is more and individual player than Park.....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
trikam patel said:
Nani does have the energy to defend as well, so i dont think that would be a problem and ronaldo would sway with tevez if we are defending so that leaves just ronaldo and berba up there and the rest defending
Nani maybe have the energy to defend but he's not using it always.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
We are playing Bolton at Old Trafford, It's got to be Nani starting!!!
We dont need Park tracking back for a game like this, we need players that can create chances. I wont a win here not a 0-0 draw!

So Nani has to start this one IMO

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
VaVaVoom said:
We dont need Park tracking back for a game like this, we need players that can create chances. I wont a win here not a 0-0 draw!

Yeah,

I think utd will go out all attack from the start of the wistle, well we have to. If bolton play with 5 midlfielders we have to get chances quick or we may see a typical 90 minutes defensive performance from Bolton. BUT i would like to say give Park a chance he has earned it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
park is some one u can rely on to play a good match for the team but when hes in front of goal i actually feel like crying
nani the amount of shots he wastes when he can slide some one else in also makes me feel like crying
i think fergie will go for nani though

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
My Theory :

In all fairness I think this is a no - brainer. Against away teams and top 4 we need our wingers to be energetic and track back . Hence Fergie picked Hargreaves and Park vs Chelsea . However against teams outside the top 4 (at home) like Bolton we should really be playing Nani and Ronaldo on the wings ...

FACT

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I said Park, because he's a better all round player and more likable to me anyways...

But I'd love to see Anderson tried on the left at some stage. He's left footed
unlike the others, Ronaldo's on the right, Giggsy is nearing his time...so why not
try the new blood?

I'd imagine Giggsy will start on the left tomorrow, but after thinking about it, I'd
start

Right...........----------------->.........Left

Ronaldo...Fletcher...Scholes...Anderson

Either way, Nani is a no from me

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
VaVaVoom said:

Fair point I suppose. Nani brings that attacking flair on the left and Bolton themselves don't poses wingers that could really threaten us, so Park's specialities might not be needed, but I still think he deserves to srat ahead of Nani.

Park is not totally defensive either and actually likes to go up himself, which is why he ends up in goal-scoring positions too. Having said that, Nani can provide and create more than Park.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Natalie said:
park is some one u can rely on to play a good match for the team but when hes in front of goal i actually feel like crying
nani the amount of shots he wastes when he can slide some one else in also makes me feel like crying
i think fergie will go for nani though

They can both be frustrating huh? :)

Nani will eventually be a top player, but he needs to learn to play for the team. When he fully understands this then he;ll stop his silly step-overs and will start passing more.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would prefer to see Nani. He can pop up with something spectacular at any second. And that is usually what we need...

·
VIDA !!! will murder you..
1,636 Posts
park to play and nani to be subbed in after 60 mins thats how it should be... nani is a nice player but right now park is in form so we should use him

·
Registered
9 Posts
Park to start cause he scored last time and he's in form, chuck Nani on half time and let him slowly get back to his best then he should start for me

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Today Fergie showed the rules. With a centre midfield with Anderson and Fletcher and Berbatov upfront you cant let the both wings rest during defensive plays. Nani got on as a sub for Ronaldo on one side and Park was picked to play the 90 mins on the other wing.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'd rather see Giggs. At least he can actually cross a ball, and has a first touch. Nani and Park are sooo damn frustrating. Nani will eventually pick it up I hope, and Park is good for running all over the place, but not much more. I'd rather have Giggsy sit as deep as Becks used to do and just cross the ball and not cut in as much as he used to.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts