Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Nani did well today, he held up the ball when needed, his crossing seemed better and he finally seemed to be making some right decisions but is this a one off? has he improved or was it just a good game for him? what do you think, do you still doubt him or - like me - do you believe he has massive potential?

I personally think he reminds me of Ronaldo 2 or 3 years ago when he seemed a raw talent, but what about you?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think Nani is potentially very, very good. Last 2 games against Derby he has been great, i hope he gets more chances, i believe he can make it at the very highest level.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
He is talented but my only problem is that he is playing like a kid who just came out of the academy, the fact is he has to put in his work for him to succeed here at united.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haggler said:
i agree he looked better today . needs to do it every game he plays
Agreed! I was delighted Nani scored, and it was a real beauty. Thats 2 great
goals in the cup in recent weeks. The question remains, why cant he do that every game?
I still doubt his ability because Ive seen FAR too many terrible games.
His decision making is atrocious most of the time, but if he can perform like he
has in the last 2 games then the lad has a chance. I just hope he can crack on
and do this consistently, cos we are lacking a real threat from the left hand side of the pitch.
Viva Nani!! more of the same please!!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Ooh I think he likes playign against Derby scored two brillaint goals against them now!

Overall I think he was one of the better players on the night, he plays nowadays as though he has a point to prove. Fair play to him

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
His best games have been against Derby (twice) and Southampton...anyone sensing a theme?

Hopefully he can do it against a team that isn't in danger of playing a league away at Leeds next year. He's shown flashes of brilliance, and hopefully he can come good.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Im not getting giddy about him and still 50/50 on where he will be in the cmoing years.I really hope im proved worng and he becomes a long term fixture at OT but time will tell.What worries me is yes,hes scoring,but what gives him the confidence against Derby that he doesnt have to the Premiership sides.I said recently in another thread that we need to shoot from distance more instead of walking it in,and we all know Nani can hit a sweet strike,its just frustrating where he has too many games were hes constantly tackled,plays crap passes/crosses,badly mis hits the ball.BTW his cross for Park Ji was sublime :eek: shame that keeper was bloody good :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It was a superb goal and his cross for Park's chance was also of the quality I expect from a United winger. His inconsistency is so frustrating but today's game showed he has the ability required - he just needs to apply himslef more frequently.

·
Registered
629 Posts
He comes up with some amazing goals at times but what is frustrating about him is his inconsistency. Yes he was good against Derby and that goal was fantastic but he is far too inconsistent to get a regular place in the league. If he works harder on his game and can exexute the job given to him by the manager he can become a regular at Old Trafford. Till then the debate is still on....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
what i dont like on here is that people expect great displays, from a player who's still immature btw, week in week out...i mean we cant have them (displays) from more mature players (tevez,rooney not to mention berbatov ) , how can we expect to have them from nani ?

only cos of his price tag ? i dont think we should judge him only by that.... i mean he's helped us win more games than anderson so far if you wanna play that game... sure he's frustrated us more than him too but all in all, he's a GREAT option to have -

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yes, his performance was very good and if he can continue like that then it'll be great.

However, it was only against Derby so let's not get too excited.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
look all ill say abut him this season is his best performances have been against championship sides(derby twice and Southampton), he has to play like he did yesterday against a premiership team for me to say ya hes back to what he was last season!

if he sorts out his descion making he will be a world class winger no doubt and yesterday his descion making was good! more of the same please Nani

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Its performances like yeterday that p!ss me off most with him...

How can you play like that an dthen go out a week later and forget that your teamates wear red... :rolleyes:

...sweet goal!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano! said:
Its performances like yeterday that p!ss me off most with him...

How can you play like that an dthen go out a week later and forget that your teamates wear red... :rolleyes:

...sweet goal!
:confused: why would that p1ss you off?
Surely you should be happy when he plays well, and be peeved when he does his usual shit.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
:confused: why would that p1ss you off?
Surely you should be happy when he plays well, and be peeved when he does his usual shit.

Coz seeing him able to play like that makes you wonder how on earth he plays so bad...

....I was impressed by him yesterday, obviously...but next time he has a shocker, you think back to yesterday and wonder how big a scale he has to go up an ddown on.

No consistancy....which is unfortunate...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Keano! said:
Coz seeing him able to play like that makes you wonder how on earth he plays so bad...

....I was impressed by him yesterday, obviously...but next time he has a shocker, you think back to yesterday and wonder how big a scale he has to go up an ddown on.

No consistancy....which is unfortunate...
yeah - i know what you mean - sometimes i feel that way about berbatov ;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I think Nani plays well when our team are under no pressure, or against lower teams where he feels more confidence. In other words Nani plays well when the team play well.
He has the ability but lacks it mentally. And whats the best thing for confidence building...... and arm around his shoulder from someone who believes in him, and to start some more games.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
he played ok against derby and he is great at scoring from that position on the pitch ,he has scored a few from that area now .
but i am still not sure about him making a big impact at utd , he does not get involved enough and doe's not seem strong enough for a physical battle that the english game is built upon ,and looking back at utds wingers over the last 20 years nani is not as good has any of them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts