Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal have landed France international Samir Nasri on a four-year deal from Ligue 1 side Marseille, according to Sky Sports News.

It had been widely reported that The Gunners were tracking the creative midfielder ahead of the 2008/09 season.

And Sky Sports News has revealed that manager Arsene Wenger has secured his man for a fee of €20million (£15.8million).

The 20-year-old becomes Wenger's second capture of the summer following teenager Aaron Ramsey's switch from Cardiff City.

The transfer of Nasri is expected to spell the end for unsettled midfielder Alexander Hleb, amid rumoured interest from Barcelona and Internazionale.

Nasri is a top player and a great playmaker.. another great youth signing for the gunners..

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yes he's very good indeed, and with potential. they could be a very good side next season, however if they adebayor it will be one forward and 2 steps back for them

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
They will need a lot more than Nasri to mount a decent challenge.
They have lost Flamini, Lehmann adn more than likely Hleb as well as
Adebayor possibly. Wenger doesnt splash that much cash so I wouldnt
expect there to be many more signings. Decent signing for them, although
he looks a bit lightweight....but I wouldnt be too worried as a United fan.
Im just hoping Chelsea dont Arshavin, Eto'o and Ronaldihno......cos THAT would
be scary.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
a good buy for them.....has a lot of potential.....but he may not adapt straight away..needs to do a lot of body building to get to even a close physique to ronaldo!!!!
he may not get straight away but if hleb goes then they may not have a choice....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yeah i agree jazz, nasri is a good player but like i said above it's a step forward and then 2 back with Hleb and Adebayor on their way, let alone Flamini off aswell, yes i think they'll still be behind us next season but chelsea with Arshavin would be bad news, im a huge fan of him i'd love to see him at United, he would fit in if Ronnie leaves

·
Registered
550 Posts
Too many young players for Arsenal.

Lol I love it:

1) Arsenal signs talented young players because they're cheaper and cost less in wages, with intention of them adding experience to the squad in 5 years.

2) Arsenal develops their talent somewhat and turns them into semi-superstars.

3) Arsenal refuses to pay them what they're worth because it's against the 'wage structure'.

4) Arsenal loses semi-superstars to bigger clubs.

5) Repeat.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
ManUtd19 said:

Lol I love it:

1) Arsenal signs talented young players because they're cheaper and cost less in wages, with intention of them adding experience to the squad in 5 years.

3) Arsenal refuses to pay them what they're worth because it's against the 'wage structure'.

5) Repeat.
LMAO!

And I'm not complaining either!

But, like Jazz said, they need more players than that, a LOT more imo.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
now their saying the deal isn't even complete haha, stupid gooners cant even negotiate a deal now, wengers too busy out in switzerland and austria to give two hoots ... having seen him in the euros, he's no Ando now is he haha

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
arsenal need to replace Flamini for sure, and if they lose anyomre players they will need replacing, but as things stand now they need back ups. There team is strong enough but they have no depth whatsoever. When you have to play senderos in a 1/4 of the CL you no you need help.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
nasri`s agent says he hasnt signed yet, 15m seems a bit much admittedly he is a talented player but somewhat unproven at the highest level, no doubt if hleb leaves nasri will get plenty of game time and expierence. in 2 seasons time he could well be a prem superstar. on a side note arsenal always seem to sign players with sublime skills and as a team they play some cracking football, i dont think as a team the have the physical or mental strength to mount a serious challenge for the title.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nasri deal not yet done

The agent of Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri has denied reports that his client has completed a move to Arsenal.

It had been reported on the player's official website, via a statement subsequently removed, that Arsenal had secured Nasri's services for a fee of €20million (£15.8million).

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has made no secret of his admiration for the French schemer but it would appear talk of a deal for the 20-year-old having been struck is somewhat premature.

Marseille spokeswoman Nathalie Paoli said 'the deal still has to be finalised between Arsenal and Olympique Marseille', and now the player's agent has moved to clarify the situation.

Jean-Pierre Bernes, who represents the highly-rated starlet, told AFP that while talks are ongoing between both clubs and the player, nothing has been confirmed to date.

"Discussions are continuing between the two clubs and the player," said Bernes. "Nothing has been finalised, no element of the transfer has been finalised and everybody is still talking. It is premature to announce anything at all."
Source: Sky Sports

im sure nasri will go to arsenal and thats another frenchman at arsenal..lol.. :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
EVERY player in arsenal is one step under United players ( maybe not Fabregas ).

i remember last season in the end when they had like 1 or at most 2 players missing, not a single substitute came on because they werent good enough, 1 player aint gonna change that. as everyone here says there are no depth in Arsenals troop, they need to buy more to at least fight for the Barclays.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arsenal near Nasri deal

ARSENAL have won the race to sign French whizkid Samir Nasri from Marseille.

The Gunners have agreed a fee of £15.8million for the promising playmaker, 20, who will put pen to paper on a four-year deal at The Emirates.

A statement on the player's personal website read: "We inform you that Samir won't be an Olympique de Marseille player next season and that he has signed a four-year contract with London club Arsenal."

But Nasri's agent Jean-Pierre Bernes played down reports that an agreement has already been reached and claimed negotiations with Arsenal are still on-going.

Bernes said: "Discussions are continuing between the clubs and the player.

"Nothing has been finalised, no element of the transfer has been finalised and everybody is still talking. It is premature to announce anything at all."

But SunSport understands an official announcement will be made in the next couple of days when Nasri will be unveiled as an Arsenal player.

Nasri has made 12 appearances for France and was the youngest member of Raymond Domenech's squad, who failed to make it past the group stages of Euro 2008.

He has spent the last four seasons at the Stade Velodrome and came to prominence in France's Under-17 European Championship side in 2004.

Nasri can play on either wing and won the French first division's Young Player of the Year award in 2007.

He is seen as the ideal replacement for Alex Hleb, who looks set to leave the Gunners this summer with Barcelona and Inter Milan interested.

Source: The Sun

K

·
0 Posts
ManUtd19 said:

Lol I love it:

5) Repeat.
:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nasri to sign in '10 days'

Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri should complete his transfer to Arsenal in around '10 days', according to the player's agent.

The playmaker has been strongly linked with a move to Emirates Stadium, with manager Arsene Wenger a keen admirer of Nasri's quality.

A deal had reportedly been struck towards the end of June after the player's official website announced the France international had secured his transfer to North London.

However, the statement proved to be premature, and was subsequently removed, sparking confusion over the progress of the switch.

Since then, Marseille have wrapped up the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa from Lyon - a move which has reportedly paved the way for Nasri's transfer to go ahead.

And the 21-year-old's agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, has explained that he expects Nasri to seal his move to Arsenal when he returns from his holidays.

"He is on his holidays. It (the transfer) will be made when he will be back, in about 10 days," said Bernes.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
next season am afraid from arsenal more than am afraid from chel$ki
if they keep adebayor
and have the world best playmakers fabregas and nasri WOW
they can win the tittle
Arsenal are soo lucky by signing him

Nasri Skill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts