Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was debating with some poor scouser whether any1 ( except Gerrard, although given the form Anderson's in , his place is not saf too ) from their team could make it into our team. He said that ANY defender ( especially Finnan ) would make it in our team on the RB place ahead of Neville, and he said that VDS was junk last year ! He used an ACTIM index to prove his point and I replied that ACTIM is for mathematicAL stats and stuff and I said that Official team of the EPL was OUR ENTIRE DEFENCE ALONG WITH RONALDO,GIGGSY AND ROONEY ( I THINK )... I saw it last year and I used it to whind up some gooners but the problem is - I can't find it anymore... Can someone give me the offical team - (not actim )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Their 3 best players are Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres.
Not sure how or if they would fit into our team but not one other Pool player would even get close to our team.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
lol, I remember hearing the team being read out.......VDS, Neville......united united....etc! They decerved it though!
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Natalie said:
id welcome torres with open arms
ahead of who ? he's a great player true ,but give me tevez ahead of him anyday... the work tevez's been doing for us is unmeasuarble !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Their 3 best players are Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres.
Not sure how or if they would fit into our team but not one other Pool player would even get close to our team.

omg, i can only say Jamie Carragher:S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Andreas_svan said:
i would choose Carragher, Gerrard and Torres as the 3 best..
Carragher would only cost us penalties. :p I quite like Babel but he's only one for the future, not now and Torres is way ahead of Saha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Has a Liverpool player ever come to United ... :confused:

Apart from Sir Matt Busby ... :)
i dont think any player has moved between them since years and years ago some goon went to the pool but i think he was a nobody, they were on about it heinze was diagnosed as clinically insane!

Torres would get in the team we'd find some way of fitting him in... i don't think Gerrard would be consistent enough to hold a place down!! Mascherano is no where near the all round player Hargreaves is!
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
Drogba and Berbatov were ahead of Rooney in the Prem Select XI last season.

The only other non-United player was Gerrard.

Out of the entire Liverpool squad the only 2 players I'd have in our first team are Gerrard and Torres (who I would start in place of Tevez tbh).

Carragher is not good enough to displace Rio or Vidic although he would be a useful squad member and Mascherano would be a good addition to any Prem squad (apart from West Ham apparently :rolleyes: ) but he'd struggle to find a starting place with the quality we have in midfield this season.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
reddwarf said:
Drogba and Berbatov were ahead of Rooney in the Prem Select XI last season.

The only other non-United player was Gerrard.

Out of the entire Liverpool squad the only 2 players I'd have in our first team are Gerrard and Torres (who I would start in place of Tevez tbh).

Carragher is not good enough to displace Rio or Vidic although he would be a useful squad member and Mascherano would be a good addition to any Prem squad (apart from West Ham apparently :rolleyes: ) but he'd struggle to find a starting place with the quality we have in midfield this season.
Tevez has bought me mate.. With his passion and commitment he gives that 30 extra % which makes an edge over Torres imo.. but that's my opinion.. I mean - we can't measure how many times he's forced defenders into mistakes which gives us an opportunity to imply a constant pressure towards our oponents which eventually leads to us scoring...
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
Tevez has bought me mate.. With his passion and commitment he gives that 30 extra % which makes an edge over Torres imo.. but that's my opinion.. I mean - we can't measure how many times he's forced defenders into mistakes which gives us an opportunity to imply a constant pressure towards our oponents which eventually leads to us scoring...
I just like the idea of having a top quality pacy striker to play off Rooney.

I think Rooney's vision and passing ability (and Carrick, Scholes, Anderson etc too) would create so many opportunities for Torres to run behind defences.

That's one of the reasons I wish Saha could get himself fit and why I hoped we'd sign Anelka - pace combined with quality strikes fear into opposition defences.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top