Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nelson Mandela, who was instrumental in ending apartheid in South Africa and rose from prisoner to president, is celebrating his 90th birthday.

(..)

He reduced a veteran white police officer to tears on his inauguration day when he walked over to him, shook his hand and told him "today you have become our police".

BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7513047.stm
Nelson Mandela Foundation
http://www.nelsonmandela.org/

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Still kicking it at 90 years old. This guy is a living legend who has done so
much for his country and the world as a whole. He will be remembered forever.
Good man Nelson, now give us 10 more years to the biggy. :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm living in the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Municipality. :p

Amazing person. Happy birthday and hopefully many more still to come.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Happy b-day nels, hopefully loads more to come. Has done great things to his country wonderful man, need more like him in the world

·
Registered
11 Posts
He is an absolute legend, i may be biased because we share the same birthday but still, i may have missed 73 years of his life, but i know enough about him for me to consider him a legend.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Don't Get Me Started said:
He is an absolute legend, i may be biased because we share the same birthday but still, i may have missed 73 years of his life, but i know enough about him for me to consider him a legend.

nice comment.;)

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
prison grub must be good for you !!!

steve biko and mandela both amazing men .

amazing to think that the states was almost as bad as south africa as recently as the late sixties . a country that prided itself by saying all men were created equal telling the black man to get to back of the bus ! rosa parks was a little known woman but just as important as nelson in my eyes

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
happy birthday nelson ...anyone know wot he's up to?? is he avin a quiet one in with the other half or is he off out avin it large???anyway take care nelson and ten yrs time will be 100 up!!!!

p.s. if you ever meet him he's a great guy n partial to a bit of jimmy cliff. bob marley n john holt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts