Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're interested in him according to the press, i haven't seen him play so i can't comment.

·
Registered
199 Posts
this is a true modern 5

1.93ft
25 years old perfect age
Great left foot, great technique, fast strides to steal the ball perhaps his size

excellent combination he is strong and refined

half champions teams want this player, he is the new sensation of Benfica cradle of great players

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
any "reported figures" on how much he'd cost?

since he signed a new deal in jan...

I think in terms of his "attributes" he'd be brilliant for us...

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Wasn't paying much attention to the game to be honest, but everytime I noticed him it seemed to be when he was making a foul :LOL:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
he was very good yesterday !!! great dribbler, passer, strong in midfield, good tackler...impressedm he owned chelsea midfield

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Good player, but he's best deeper in the Carrick type of role.

Depending on how much he will cost might be a good signing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about this chap next to Carrick. Is his price that prohibitive? He is not worth the 40million that benfica want for him but I'd prefer to test their resolve with the 30 million we are reportedly offering for Felliani. Thoughts?

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
How about this chap next to Carrick. Is his price that prohibitive? He is not worth the 40million that benfica want for him but I'd prefer to test their resolve with the 30 million we are reportedly offering for Felliani. Thoughts?
1 - We're not offering £30 million for Fellaini, there's nothing concrete to suggest we're even interested.

2 - Matic would be a much better signing than him, but I don't think he's worth big money either. If the likes of Gustavo, Paulinho, Capoue & Strootman are being sold for £10-20 million, then Nemanja shouldn't be going for any more than them; he's inferior to them all IMO.

·
Registered
426 Posts
MANCHESTER UNITED FAVORITE TO SIGN PLAYER OF THE YEAR!

Manchester United midfield woes have allowed media to link up different midfielders to them with recently Red Devils being linked with Moussa Dembele, Axel Witsel and Ross Barkley. But the speculation regarding in Nemanja Matic has continued from last season and there is some sort of truth involved in that.

According to reports in Portugal Manchester United lead the chase to sign Benfica star Nemanja Matic. The young midfielder has been linked with the likes of Chelsea and Napoli but Portuguese newspaper Record have again reported the Premier League champions still look the most likely club to land the Serbian.

Manchester United tried to sign the Serbian international earlier on in the year but a bid was turned down by Benfica. Despite the offer being declined it has been revealed today that the English side are still in a good position to sign the player.

It has also being reported that Matic’s future depends on the qualification of Benfica in the Champions League. They are currently placed at number 3 and not qualifying in the champions’ league might force them to sell their key players. The youngster has been one of the hottest prospects since joining Benfica and United shouldn’t let this opportunity go.

source: http://www.mixturesport.com/manchester-united-favorite-to-sign-player-of-the-year/

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Basically the player we should have signed which makes the 27 million we pissed away on Fellaini all the more infuriating ! Up until now I still find it hard to believe that an institution like United with all the resources available to it could be swindled in such a way .
Matic looks a good player who would have slotted in nicely alongside Carrick and would be a capable deputy for that deep lying playmaker role . But we went and got ourselves robbed ,absolute disgrace .

·
Registered
426 Posts
Benfica’s €20m midfielder Nemanja Matic responds to Manchester United rumours

Benfica’s Nemanja Matic refused to be drawn into commenting on speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United in the summer.

The €20 million rated Matic has reportedly been the focus of repeated scouting visits by United staff at Benfica this season who would have been impressed by his good performances from midfield.

Matic got on the score sheet in Benfica’s 3-2 victory over Anderlecht in the Champions League last night when he nodded in a free-kick and when questioned about rumours linking him to a move with United, he remained very distant.

“I just think about my club and I am very happy here,” he said.

Since moving to Benfica from Chelsea, he has gone on to do great things in Portugal and was subsequently named Player of the Year in the Portuguese league last year.

A defensive midfielder with real guile and attacking finesse, Matic is considered to be someone who would slot right into United’s ailing midfield and he has certainly shown with Benfica that he has got the talent to match the price tag.

David Moyes has made it abundantly clear that there will be new signings over the next few transfer windows and United scouts continuing to watch Matic’s Benfica, the 25-year-old could well be high on Moyes’ wanted list.

source: http://thepeoplesperson.com/benficas-e20m-midfielder-nemanja-matic-responds-to-manchester-united-rumours/

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Imagine someone of his caliber in place of the makeshift option Jones in yesterday's lineup against Leverkusen. We would be more fluent and solid. (not that Jones did a bad job but still believe he is a CB and not a midfielder).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts