Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have called the Glazers and rightly so they are money hungery . But at least they are keeping the club run as realistic as they can . I for one wouldnt be happy with what bad publicity comes with a billionare owner and wouldnt want it inflicted on our club.

We already come in for enough stick as it is about the money we spend so we wouldnt want the rubbish that comes with a billionare playboy owner.

Add to that the team tampering they try its mearly a billionares play toy and its ruining the game .

What do you think ?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i have a massive problem with the way the glazers have financed united, but to be fair they haven't interfered in any of SAF policies, i honestly have no idea if other investment would be better or worse anymore, the last few years have seen so many changes its hard to tell whats good and bad.

one thing would say is i like the way randy learner has run villa, put in cash, hasnt raised ticket prices more than is reasonable, hasn't stuck his nose in where it ain't wanted, donated to charity-with the shirt sponsors etc, paid for fans to go to some away games and lastly notice how he doesn't hog the limelight or has to be the big I am.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ayrton-senna3 said:
I want back the old days!
I want back the Football League!
I want back the old stadiums!
I want back the old football!
[email protected] off commercialization!

Great post but one thing we didnt have the superstars of today just the English ones.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
red dave said:
Great post but one thing we didnt have the superstars of today just the English ones.
lol we had the odd guy here and there....arnold muhren was a great player and the hit and mainly miss jesper olsen...two that i grew up with..... who'd have known all these years later we'd be flooded with 'em?

·
Registered
915 Posts
The clubs that these grossly wealthy people buy are just playthings for them & they surely don't expect to make any money investing in them.

Surely turning City into a successful side would be the ultimate bragging right for their owner but rather than just bringing in an influx of superstars any team needs a solid base to start with, which is where they will fall down.

When Abramovich bought Chelsea they already had a reasonably strong squad but they squandered money on players past their peak (Shevchenko), over-inflated transfer fees (Essien, Drogba) & ridiculous wages (Terry, Lampard, Ballack). Clubs like City & Chelsea will never make a decent profit and providing nothing drastic happens to the owners fortune & they manage some sort of success, then that is ok for them.

There are examples of wealthy owners having good business plans that enable them to live within their means, like United, Aston Villa & QPR. Granted, we have splashed the cash but when you consider our income through merchandising alone these purchases are sensible ones that enhance the squad and increase our success & therefore our prize monies. Our club works within a structure which means that despite all the criticism the Glazers came in for from both rivals and our own support, the history of the club remains intact.

Lerner at Villa leaves the manager to run the team & provides the funds where they are neccesary without breaking the bank and with a prudent manager such as O'Neill in charge this is proving quite successful too.

QPR have a potentially massive amount of funds behind them but want to become the top flight team they used to be before they start chucking the wonger at the manager.

In answer to the OP, I would Love to have a successful United team without the debt but if it meant selling out to one of these playboy Billionaires, I'll take the Glazers any day of the week.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I asked a very wise man this very question Red Dave, a Manchester Red since the Busby Babes,. Basically what he said was........ "in an ideal world United be owned by the fans, but i'll learn to fly before that happens, but Arabs would be better than these Americans who have plunged our club into serious death."

His Heart - Run by the fans
His Head - Arabs ( so as to bail us out of this death)

·
Registered
516 Posts
red dave said:
The foreigners ruined the game by dives and so on. The English/British footballers know what it means to play for their clubs. Because they are grown up with that passion and not to play for the money.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it would be nice though to have somebody very very wealtthy to clea United's debts but somebody shouldn't intefere with the sporting problems cause' what they must do is give the money the club needs...the team... the manager ...david gill and the rest are entitled to ensure Man Utd's performances. The owner should be like a bank. give the money and shut up. Only if the job's not working for let's say..3-4 years than he should make changes. But with United that wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
601 Posts
this will ruin th game, but i heard that the football assosiation are clamping down on player wages and transfers. But i would welcome arab billionaires so as long as they no this is england and first priorty is to use te money to develop english talent first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
a wealthy owner could be what united need when the legend fergie seps down, the club will need to clear the massive debts at somepoint to keep funding superstars like the rooneys and berbatovs especialy because the likes of giggs neville and scholes will be at the end of there careers when fergie goes. Although a new owner should love the club and not use it as a so called project like the city owners have been recently, but for the time being the club i being run well and hopefully it will continue so let fergie, gill and the glazers get on with it

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The debt we are in with the Glaziers, and the American financial situation, seriously worries me. Although i do understand the worried about unrealistic Arab ownership.

Ideally, I came into several billion pounds and take over the club myself :D

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Richie said:
The debt we are in with the Glaziers, and the American financial situation, seriously worries me. Although i do understand the worried about unrealistic Arab ownership.

Ideally, I came into several billion pounds and take over the club myself :D
haha or all of us win the lottery :D

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Richie said:
Yes even better! Fan ownership! That would **** FC United off because we'd essentially be them but better lol
haha would be class :D we would never decide on weither to sign tevez though :rolleyes: :p

in fairness i don't see what the big deal is just say if the Arabs did come would you be complaining if they put loads of money into the club and signed the likes of benzeema ribery young all them type players? also if they invested into the youth structure at the club and made sure no matter what they were here in the long run?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts