Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary Neville admits he is yet to decide what to do with himself when he calls time on his playing career.

The Manchester United stalwart accepts that at 34-years-old his days at the pinnacle of the game are numbered.

He has struggled with injuries in recent years and has seen the likes of Rafael da Silva emerge from his shadow at Old Trafford.

Having spent the last 17 years pushing himself to the limit with both United and England, Neville has revealed that he may walk away from football when he hangs up his boots.

He is currently studying for his coaching badges, but accepts that he may be forced to head in a different direction should no job offers be forthcoming.
Challenge

"Part of me says I'd like to stay involved in the game, but another says I should do something else," Neville told the Big Issue in the North.

"It would be nice to be able to take on a different challenge. I'd like to think I could do something else other than football, but the reality is that's what I've done since I was 16.

"I am doing my coaching badges, but whether anyone will want me as a coach or a manager I don't know.

"I don't know, even now so close to the end of my career, what will happen. But leaving Manchester United, in football terms, is like falling off the end of a cliff.

"I just hope there's something that I find exciting and can enjoy, and in which I retain the ambition to achieve something."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Neville facing uncertain future

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
isisnt he doing his coaching badges? i thought i heard that somewhere that him Scholshey and Giggs are doing them could be wrong though

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
isisnt he doing his coaching badges? i thought i heard that somewhere that him Scholshey and Giggs are doing them could be wrong though
He is, but he said that he don`t know if any team would want him as a coach, and so he should have other plans in mind in case that doesn`t work out.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Yeah they are doing their coaching badges Canto. I think Neville was saying though even though he is getting his badges, he's considering trying his hand at something non-football. But I don't think for one minute he will be able to stay away, and he will probably become a coach or possibly even a manager.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Yeah they are doing their coaching badges Canto. I think Neville was saying though even though he is getting his badges, he's considering trying his hand at something non-football. But I don't think for one minute he will be able to stay away, and he will probably become a coach or possibly even a manager.
ya i think he will always be involved in football either as a coach or manager he loves the game too much to stay away me thinks!i think he could make a very good coach too as he would take no nonsense and hes been there and won the lot but saying that most of the top managers and coaches had little sucses as players so you never know how things work out

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
ya i think he will always be involved in football either as a coach or manager he loves the game too much to stay away me thinks!i think he could make a very good coach too as he would take no nonsense and hes been there and won the lot but saying that most of the top managers and coaches had little sucses as players so you never know how things work out
Yeah I agree he could make a good coach, working with defenders. Not sure he could make much of a manager though.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Gary could go to Liverpool, and teach all the Scouse kids on the streets how to play football..

He's a great role model for the city like:laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts