Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That's going to be hard for Gary given the way Wes performed last season. I would say he was in our top three most consistent players. He was fantastic throughout the season and deserved all the success he got.
But Gary Still Our Legend..

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Neville Will Still Be Captain - Ferguson

Barring a fleeting substitute appearance in last season's Champions League quarterfinal second leg against Roma, Gary Neville has not played for Manchester United in a competitive game since March 2007.

The England international full-back has since spent time out with a series of injuries and many feared his time at the top level was at an end.

Ferguson, who recently emphasised the importance of the few experienced players left in the squad and the role they would play, has elaborated, going as far as to confirm that Neville will still be captain when he recovers, despite that duty being shared by Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand during his absence.

“I’m hopeful Gary Neville can come back and I’m sure he can. At 33 it’s always difficult to have been out for a year, of course, but he’s such a determined character you wouldn’t bet against him coming back,” assured Sir Alex.

“If he does, it’s another string to our bow really in terms of experience, which is important.

“He is the captain of the club, and that will give him the incentive to return. He knows when he comes back, he’ll be captain again.”

Goal.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts