Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has looked solid of late but today he was amazing back to his best !!!

He isnt the threat he was going forward but he is adapting his game to make up for his lack of pace now .

Neville is back what do you think ?

·
U N I T E D United Are The Team For Me
186 Posts
I agree, Gary was immense today. Best ive seen from him for a long time. Thought Rafeal had the right back position nailed, however with Nevs quality performance today, its right up for grabs ;)

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Agree completely.

Not the attacking threat he used to be but he completely shut out Joe Cole and Cashley today. Solid performance !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jazz 16 said:
Top drawer today. Its great to think that we have 3 class right backs lol.

I think in the next season or 2 gary will be used as a utility man in defence moving from right back to centre half like in a few carling cup games.

Great game Ive seen it coming since he came on at stoke he looks like he is finding his fitness.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Was the day for returns to form wasn't it. Everyone on the pitch was outstanding today in my opinion. Perhaps that loss to Derby did benfit us after all. Best we've played in Ages. Particularly pleased with Neville and Giggs

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red dave said:
I think in the next season or 2 gary will be used as a utility man in defence moving from right back to centre half like in a few carling cup games.

Great game Ive seen it coming since he came on at stoke he looks like he is finding his fitness.

Berbatov9 said:
Glad to see him back. He will also be a good option to cover CB if Rio is going to be out long term.
nah I wouldnt have him in at centre back. I know he has played there but he is
just a right back for me. We have the likes of Brown, Evans and OShea who
are all better than Gary at centreback.
Its great he is back and playing well, but I wouldnt expect him to be a regular starter.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Gazza had a great game today and i was pleasantly surprised how he handled all that Chelski threw down his flank.

Once again, I urge caution, please be reasonable the next time he has a sub-par game.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedForceRising said:
Gazza had a great game today and i was pleasantly surprised how he handled all that Chelski threw down his flank.

Once again, I urge caution, please be reasonable the next time he has a sub-par game.

Jesus after that documentry last week for gazza to make the starting line up at United is a miracle !!;)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
gary has a year or so left in him -then maybe a year as cover .

unlike ryan however he should be able to play 90 mins and several games on trot .

he is worth a years contract even if he cant play many games as his experience and love for united rub off on the others .

all this said as soon as wes is fully fit he would be my first choice right back now

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Yeah good game today i think he just needed a bit of time getting back for the injury and to get his fitness back

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but it isn't like Chelsea threw the kitchen sink at Nev. He played well with what he faced (nothing more could be asked of him), but Chelsea mainly attacked through the middle. Please don't say I am slating his performance, but I just don't think we can say he is back, or that he is world class based on this performance. It was encouraging though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts