Manchester United Talk banner

Neville is back !!!!!!!!!!

1K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  RedForceRising 
#1 ·
He has looked solid of late but today he was amazing back to his best !!!

He isnt the threat he was going forward but he is adapting his game to make up for his lack of pace now .

Neville is back what do you think ?

#9 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Top drawer today. Its great to think that we have 3 class right backs lol.

I think in the next season or 2 gary will be used as a utility man in defence moving from right back to centre half like in a few carling cup games.

Great game Ive seen it coming since he came on at stoke he looks like he is finding his fitness.

#13 ·
red dave said:
I think in the next season or 2 gary will be used as a utility man in defence moving from right back to centre half like in a few carling cup games.

Great game Ive seen it coming since he came on at stoke he looks like he is finding his fitness.

Berbatov9 said:
Glad to see him back. He will also be a good option to cover CB if Rio is going to be out long term.
nah I wouldnt have him in at centre back. I know he has played there but he is
just a right back for me. We have the likes of Brown, Evans and OShea who
are all better than Gary at centreback.
Its great he is back and playing well, but I wouldnt expect him to be a regular starter.

#16 ·
RedForceRising said:
Gazza had a great game today and i was pleasantly surprised how he handled all that Chelski threw down his flank.

Once again, I urge caution, please be reasonable the next time he has a sub-par game.

Jesus after that documentry last week for gazza to make the starting line up at United is a miracle !!;)

#17 ·
gary has a year or so left in him -then maybe a year as cover .

unlike ryan however he should be able to play 90 mins and several games on trot .

he is worth a years contract even if he cant play many games as his experience and love for united rub off on the others .

all this said as soon as wes is fully fit he would be my first choice right back now

#20 ·
Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but it isn't like Chelsea threw the kitchen sink at Nev. He played well with what he faced (nothing more could be asked of him), but Chelsea mainly attacked through the middle. Please don't say I am slating his performance, but I just don't think we can say he is back, or that he is world class based on this performance. It was encouraging though.

#23 ·
ya gotta agree you cant say hes back to his best after just one game! hes going to have to be back to his best if he even wants to be 2nd choice rb now woth brown back intraining and how ell rafeal has done! still would love to see him get back into dacent form as hes a ledgend and a model pro

#25 ·
At the start of the season, having 3 right backs was not great for us imo because it lacked a settled back 4 but whoever comes out from this the strongest will have a great season! and it can only be good for rafael, being so young and having brown, rio, neville, evra and vidic around him! lucky or what! :cool:

pz!

#26 ·
Cappy said:
Exactly...it is a promising start but lets not get carried away...

I think no one is being too carried away, but with him looking promising, it gave us hope especially when many thought he is done and dusted. He is our captain after all and despite having Brown and Rafael around, the extra joy of seeing him playing well on the pitch after all these bad starts is just great.

I've always said that all he need is time, yeah its just one game but if he can do as good as that for one game, then i live with hope that he can do it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.