Manchester United Talk banner

Neville is back !!!!!!!!!!

1K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  RedForceRising 
#1 ·
He has looked solid of late but today he was amazing back to his best !!!

He isnt the threat he was going forward but he is adapting his game to make up for his lack of pace now .

Neville is back what do you think ?

#27 ·
babysenorita said:
I think no one is being too carried away, but with him looking promising, it gave us hope especially when many thought he is done and dusted. He is our captain after all and despite having Brown and Rafael around, the extra joy of seeing him playing well on the pitch after all these bad starts is just great.

I've always said that all he need is time, yeah its just one game but if he can do as good as that for one game, then i live with hope that he can do it again.
First off, I absolutely hope he comes back to form and has the ability to string a couple of great performances, but with his age and time off, I do not expect it. I imagine he will be a solid performer, with an occasional gaffe (that he was becoming prone to even before the injury troubles).

Secondly, these were what i meant by carried away ;)

red dave said:
but today he was amazing back to his best !!!
trikam patel said:
but neville played outstanding, BACK to his best.
SmithyTheRed said:
I agree, Gary was immense today.
Jazz 16 said:
Top drawer today. Its great to think that we have 3 class right backs lol.
germufc said:
Brilliant...

#28 ·
Cappy said:
Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but it isn't like Chelsea threw the kitchen sink at Nev. He played well with what he faced (nothing more could be asked of him), but Chelsea mainly attacked through the middle. Please don't say I am slating his performance, but I just don't think we can say he is back, or that he is world class based on this performance. It was encouraging though.
I have to agree with you there actually.

He still has a bit to go until we can say that "He's back."

#31 ·
Davey said:
I doubt we will ever see the Nev back to his best, I think most of us know that but he can still be a good performer though.
Yep.

I think that's really sensible man.

Hes would probably have another year in him and I think Rafael could probably learn a thing or two by observing him, so it will be good for the squad for neville to stick around.

That performance aganist Chelsea will have given him a big boost after some indifferent games, as well as a statement of intent to Rafael that he's not going to go down without a fight, so it will bode well for us in the right back position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.