24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
So you would have Simmo AND Nev ahead of Brown? :eek:
Brown has no experience you say? he is an international player
who has won loads of trophies at United and played OVER 300 games
for us. He was in inspired form last season putting in mammoth
performances against the likes of Barca. He played the most games
and was very consistent. He may not be appreciated as he should
because he doesnt look as good as the other 3 (Rio, Vida, Evra) .
Thats cos they are 3 of he best in the world. And Wes holds his own
with them. Wes deserves it for me.

Simpson shouldnt even get a sniff. Neville might get some game time
but I dont think he will be the player he once was, meaning Wes is the
man we need at RB.
Good post, I agree with everything you said.

IMO the RB position should be Browns to lose.
When Neville got injured he had his chance and he took it, similar to how Neville made the RB spot his own after Parker got injured.

If Brown gets injured or his form dips, then Neville will have a chance to regain his spot, but the fact is not only has Brown not done anything to suggest he should be dropped, but Neville hasn't done anything to suggest he should start ahead of Brown.

I don't think Neville has the legs to overlap consistently for 90 Mins anymore, and lets face it, that was/is his best attribute.

I also don't think Simpson will make it. He is quite good going forward but defensively he is shocking, and I don't think he has improved at all since he was on loan at Sunderland. Supposedly he wasn't particularly good at Ipswich either. He had a good game vs Wigan and Kiev, but they were extremely poor, then he was tore apart vs Everton. He should be given more chances to prove himself but I don't see him being our RB if I'm being honest.

I actually think Neville will be the one who starts though.
I'm sure Fergie has said he will start the season as our RB and the fact that he's our Captain doesn't exactly help Wes.
If Gaz does start then I hope Hargreaves plays RM vs Newcastle just do offer him some protection.(remember Ronaldo is injured, Nani is suspended and Park might be out aswell)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Maldini, Cafu etc never missed 16 months of football when they were in there 30's though. I actually think Brown is maybe a bit better defensively than Neville as he is stronger, bigger and he plays really well in the big games.

Neville is/was better going forward mind.

Plus age matters more in the Premiership than in other leagues because its so fast paced and obviously as you get older you lose a yard of pace which will get exploited a lot more in the premiership than in Serie A or La Liga.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
abojodeh said:
no mate brown dont cut any ball he is just an extra player in the right flank
he maybe bigger and stronger physical ability
but he dont defend well
neville cut balls
neville have a presence on both attack and defence
But after 16 months out its unlikely that he will ever get back to his previous form. You can see from Pre season that he is extremely rusty so even if he was to regain his form it would take a long time, which is risky, especially with the tough start we have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts