Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MANCHESTER UNITED skipper Gary Neville has revealed he may now not return
until NEXT season.

Neville said: “I've played three times for the reserves since the turn of the year
and this is the longest run I've been on in terms of training and playing games.

“It's going to take time for me to get back to full match sharpness after being out
for so long.

"I'm probably a little bit away from first-team sharpness but the only way I'll get
that is by continuing to train with the first team.

“Hopefully I'll get a game somewhere but that could prove difficult with the
significance of the matches we have over the next few weeks.

"I just have to hope and pray that I get my chance at some point.

“Usually when you're coming back from injury there's an opportunity to throw you
back into the side – maybe in one of the cup competitions – but evry game's so
important now.â€

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
For crying out loud Carly, you made me think he'd got injured again for a moment there!!!

I guess it's up to Fergie whether to risk Neville this season or not. He's capable of playing but it'd take a few matches to get back to his best and we can't really afford to be carrying someone at this stage of the season.

I think he should concentrate on next season now. Pre-season will be the ideal time for him to fully regain his fitness and sharpness.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
It's not copy/pasted ...

Bit tricky doing that off the radio I find ... :p

And since quotes - like I used - are not copy righted I dont need to include a source
So you listened to the radio and typed it up here?

You must be some turbo-quick typer then.

Anyway, ontopic. I feel Gary will be given some appearences this season. Obviously, there is not enough games left for him to get a medal if we win it (you need at least 10 games). But he can come on with 15 minutes to go if we've already sown up the game.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
eoininho said:
ha!!

its time to name a new captain, it looks like he's finished unfortunately!

We need to sign Philip Lahm!
He's too old.

We'll get a few years out of him and we'll be looking for another right back again.

NO-ONE knows how good Gary Neville will come back like. He could come back just like his old self. Too early looking for replacements, the lad IS Manchester United. Deserves a chance to get back in the team ffs!

Wes Brown is doing a marvelous job a right-back so far this season.

Rio Ferdinand will be our next captain.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He never said quote "I am not going to feature this season". If we can wrap up the title before the last games then I would expect Fergie to play him.

·
Registered
216 Posts
GARY is too old to play as a rightback, we need fresh blood and more energy to run along the touch line.i think fagie will go for for basingwa. in my opinion he is far much better than lahm both physically and technically, basides he is young.............

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
Maybe now we will bring Simpson back???? Otehrwise who is going to cover for Wes "THE Scousekiller" Brown
Thought Simpson will be at Ipswich till end of the season. Can we break the loan agreement like this? Or rather, can we be so despicable and get away with it? :D :eek:

Given the long-term injury at his age, I honestly doubt Gary will be as good as ever although I am game for a pleasant surprise. :) Whether he will indeed cameo-appear for this season or not is perhaps not so important an issue.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Red Devil said:
Maybe now we will bring Simpson back???? Otehrwise who is going to cover for Wes "THE Scousekiller" Brown
Hargreaves played there against Bolton and O'Shea can play there.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Gary Neville has not said he is injured.

He is now match fit. He can only get 100% fit with games.

He is saying that he can't get those games because of the importance of them.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
very sad...would have liked to see him play again.....but if he cant then he cant....will have to look for a replacement for next season though

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
akash_reds said:
very sad...would have liked to see him play again.....but if he cant then he cant....will have to look for a replacement for next season though
He will play again. He's just saying that there is no gmes this season in which he can be given a chance, as they are so important.

The papers who reported the article are just blowing his comments out of proportion and twisting his words.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts