Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GARY NEVILLE says he is ready to answer any defensive SOS as Manchester United close in on the Double.

The Red Devils veteran has missed virtually the entire campaign after serious ankle and calf injuries.
Neville is unlikely to be risked by boss Alex Ferguson in the deciding Premier League clash at Wigan or the Champions League final with Chelsea in Moscow.
But the England international insists he is raring to go if called upon, especially with the likes of Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra being in the wars lately.
Neville, 33, said: "I am feeling good. I have been training and travelling with the team for the last seven or eight matches and really enjoying being back among the lads.
"It is going to be difficult for the manager with the defence playing so well, and I understand that it is almost impossible for him to get me in. I totally accept that.
"The matches are too important to help get players their fitness back but I am there. I am fit and have been for six to eight weeks and if I am required or am needed at any point, I have to be ready.
"It has been a frustrating season for me. But that will all be lifted if we win the title and the Champions League. That is the most important thing.
"Players get injuries. The most important thing is that this club wins trophies."

Link

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its great to see gaz back and rearing to go again, Do you know the best place to watch the final in manchester as i cant make it to Moscow?? :-(

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kbucka said:
Its great to see gaz back and rearing to go again, Do you know the best place to watch the final in manchester as i cant make it to Moscow?? :-(
I can't be sure exactly where to go but if you go in the city centre all the pubs & bar's will be packed out with plenty of fan's like myself who can't make it to moscow, as for me im sitting it out at home watching it on my big lcd hd telly, your more than welcome to come round my house & watch it with me :cool:

p.s. bring some can's of ale :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
its good he is back, but i can't see him playing for the rest of the season. against Wigan he prob won't even make the bench and the final he will only be brought on in the last 20 or so minutes if the games already in the bag.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The only disapointment for me this season is Gary, our Captain has not featured at all and will miss out on a PL Winners Medal and that he will not lead us out in Moscow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Theres 6 of us heading over from Cork and are staying for the homecoming (with the cup) can't wait. i was too young to drink in 99 but this time its gonna be different!!!!!
Come on you reds!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
good that he is back...but wont get many games will he!! ;)
he will be good as back up and he will get the games in the pre season and that should get his fitness back up....hopefully he will play a role in the wigan game!!!!that will be great!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts