Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everton captain Phil Neville believes Louis Saha's decision to leave Manchester United during the summer has given the French striker a chance to revitalise his career.

Saha swapped Old Trafford for Goodison Park on the final day of the transfer window, bringing an end to his frustrating four-and-a-half-year stint with the Red Devils.

The 30-year-old was plagued by injuries during his time with United, managing just 86 Premier League appearances since joining Sir Alex Ferguson's side from Fulham in 2004.

The former Metz man's frailty was exemplified by the saga surrounding his Toffees medical, which took several days to complete as the club sized up whether he would be worth the risk.

But manager David Moyes gambled on Saha, who was so determined to complete the move that he offered to go without pay should he be sidelined with injury.

Everton are already beginning to reap the rewards of their calculated risk-taking, with the France forward starring on debut in Sunday's comeback draw against Hull City.

And Neville believes his former United team-mate will make the very most of this opportunity to revive his career.

“Louis sees this as a fresh start — and when have a fresh start it can reinvigorate you,†said the England utility, who left Manchester in 2005.

“He's a lot more positive now than, maybe, he was at United and looks really fired up.â€

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
did he overcome his injury already? did he appear for everton yet? dont remember seeing him in any match yet...

all the best to him...

·
Registered
177 Posts
yup..he already featured for 45 minutes in their last game vs Hull..
the switch is good for him..i dont think he will feature regularly for man utd if he stays on..plus we already bought berbatov..everton is a good team to be in, and they also lacks a good finisher upfront..all we can say now is good luck for him and thank you for everything he has done to the club..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
watch him bang 20 goals in for them this season, just our luck.
He's definitely capablr of that!!! he was desperately unlucky with injuries, I hope they really are behind him now. He looked v sharp when he came on for Everton at the weekend. Best of luck to him... hope he doesn't bight us in the ass!!!:D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
ron_aveiro said:
everton is a good team to be in, and they also lacks a good finisher upfront.
Yakubu is a good finisher, but Saha has that goal scorers instinct.
If he can somehow do what he never could at United and stay injury free i can see them forging a dangerous partnership!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Good luck to him.

I always liked Saha as a player. I was just really frustrated with all his injuries.

If he can keep fit he'll be a great player for them.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
No doubt he is a good striker, I wish him all the best for his career and hope he play against scumpool and score as well lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i agree with what youve all said but i honestly think we should have sold him sooner,

he was a brilliant player when he was injury free and i hope that he does the business at everton, good luck to him =D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He played at the weekend against Hull got a good 30 minutes i think, had a decent chance near the end but hit the side netting. When fully fit and say he played 30+ league games, he is more than capable of hitting 20 goals a season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts