Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know fergy is rotating this position a lot, but never the less fergy must have a right back in mind who he thinks is the top right back in this United Position.

I was impresses with Brown yesterday and thought he was man of the match yesterday. The defense didnt look in shape in the second half because of the counter attacking play as we needed another goal to win it. But i saw Browns technical improvement in the game yesterday, it seems he has skill to get better of defenders.

Neville is a typical stuart pearce full back, neville is probably the most consistant but also has the energy to control his attacking play which brown does'nt see to have and also evra does'nt seem to have.

Rafeal Da Silva i would play this player in every game, but then again he hasnt played much. The reason why i say i would love to see him every game is that this player has it all when playing as a right back. He has the energy, skill, can assist, can defend. This is the ingredients of the modern day full backs teams would love to have.

I would play Rafeal Da Silva, he would be my choice, would love to see him playing along side Ronaldo every game.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Home Easy Matches : Rafael
Home Hard Matches : Neville or Brown if Neville played though out the week
Away Easy Matchs : Brown
Away Hard Matches : Neville or Brown if Neville played though out the week
UCL Dry Matches : Rafael
UCL Important Matches : Brown as Neville would have been used in the week

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Who's Rafeal?
Oh ... RafAEl?
I think Rafael should play a lot more than he's been doing as of yet, personally I have little or no time for Brown so I think Gary Neville and Rafael should share the RB place depending on the team. To say Rafael should be in our regular Starting XI may be a bit too much, he's fantastic for his age.

Many people say we are in a good situation in the RB position, I strongly disagree, we have Rafael who will, no doubt, be a fantastic player in years to come but isn't one at the moment, we have Gary Neville who was a good RB in his day but isn't at that level anymore and we have Brown who, quite frankly, is rubbish.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I would prefer brown. Gary is great, and Rafael should get a winter loan spell in some prem squad where he can play first team football and gain some experience, and start the next season as first team player with Ronaldo(if he stays) and we will extra right side.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
1. Brown
2. Neville
3. Rafael

I actually think we are rotating or RB position too much. Remember last season we went 20 odd games without changing our backline once - thats what we need to do now IMO. The understanding that the back 4 had last season was outstanding, but changing the RB every game doesn't help IMO.

Plus I don't think Gaz is actually offering us anything right now. IMO instead of rotating Gazz and Brown it should stay with Brown and have Gaz as permenant 2nd choice for now until for or injuries force our hand.

The only down side to this is Rafael would probably get less games.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Home Easy Matches : Rafael
Home Hard Matches : Neville or Brown if Neville played through out the week
Away Easy Matches : Neville
Away Hard Matches : Brown
UCL Dry Matches : Rafael
UCL Important Matches : Brown
FA Cup, Carling Cup: Rafael, in the latter stages of the FA cup (semi's) Brown.

neville is probably the most consistant but also has the energy to control his attacking play which brown does'nt see to have and also evra does'nt seem to have.
What??

Rafeal Da Silva i would play this player in every game, but then again he hasnt played much. The reason why i say i would love to see him every game is that this player has it all when playing as a right back.
You're nuts. So you would play him vs, say, Arsenal away in early November?

I have little or no time for Brown
Why's that? Our most capped player last season, and currently our best RB.

we have Brown who, quite frankly, is rubbish.
wow. ok then.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Abo actually has a point that Rafael should get a lot of matches to mature, so the easy matches at home should be his, but Wes Brown has to be considered the number 1 RB with NEville an able deputy to come on as a sub or give him a breather.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I said in another thread that I think Rafael should be considered our RB for most games, but Brown should play against other Top 4 teams, as well as against more tricky or physical teams, especially away from home.

I think Rafael needs games to continue to improve, and to get used to the Premiership. If we are worried about his defending going into a specific game, as it isn't particularly strong right now, we can easily play Park or Hargreaves in front of him to provide more cover.

As for Neville, I sadly don't think that he is or will get to the standard of performance needed to be considered a regular. He should only play when we need more experience, although I think hes now very, very likely to get caught out against a winger with pace.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
For me Neville is my number 1 and he will always be but unfortunately he can only play one game per week

Long Live The Captain :D

btw here is a news which i believe its b.s as its from goal.com also some quotes were taken from long time and fergie said the Nev should be back to play for england and challenge Wes for the place

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=923646

Rafael To Edge Out Neville

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that the form of Rafael Da Silva has left Gary Neville without the prospect of first-team football at the club...

The 18 year-old Brazilian arrived at Old Trafford last January along with his twin brother Fabio, who has since been injured.

Rafael has made a tremendous start to this campaign, with his manager impressed at the level of performance he's shown in both his starts so far.

The teenager made his full debut in the Champions League win over Aalborg on Matchday Two, while last weekend saw his first start in the Premier League against West Bromwich Albion.

However, the emergence of Rafael is ominousfor club captain Gary Neville. After spending the best part of 18 months on the treatment table, the 33-year-old in now arguably United's third-choice at right-back after Wes Brown and Rafael.

Indeed, Ferguson compared the emergence of Rafael to that of Wes Brown, who broke into the United first team in May of 1998.

Ferguson stated that the club now has selection difficulties at right-back to match those up-front, but believes that it means positive news for the Red Devils.

He told the press: “In football, when a guy turns the corner you cannot do anything about it. Rafael is a great talent and his performances are telling me I have another problem at right-back.

“Wes himself came in at 18, played against Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink in his first game against Leeds and he was superb.

“It is a learning process playing against that power and experience; Premier League football is not easy. I didn’t realise how big Chris Brunt was and what a nice left foot he had, so that presented a challenge for Rafael.

“For periods in the game he was finding his way and it was only when I was going to take him off that he started to play the way we know he can.

“He was excellent. The positions he took up and the penetration from deep positions was absolutely superb. It gives me a selection problem that is good for the club.”

Blah blah blah **** goal.com :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i don't like to be critical but wes brown will never convince me he makes so many unforced errors its unbelievable , he can perform brilliantly i will admit but when he's in his error mode it affects the whole defence and mostly cost's us points.
gary neville has been tremendous to the club but his old legs are starting to go and you can't expect him to play in all the games , he gets caught out of position more than he used to before the injuries.
young rafael has been very impressive in his games to date and he has got the legs and quality to produce sensational runs into the opponents defence and will score more goals than the other two added together , i would love fergie to show faith in this kid and give him as much game time has the other two and i think he could nail down the spot for himself.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My opinion:

Rafael - / He is maybe our next superstar but is still too young to help us win CL and EPL /

Neville / he is not as fast as before. He can't help Ronaldo as much as we need /

Brown / not enough class to be Man Utd player/

Conclusion: This is our weakest position

·
Registered
854 Posts
Why would you have no time for Brown. Anyway Brown has done enough to be considered first choice sound defensively and has improved attacking wise.
Neville would be my last choice actually haven't been impressed with him lately. Rafa has looked quality and if he continues to improve he may push Brown.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Brown allday long fella's, raf is great at attacking but sometimes gets lost up the other end of the pitch when the team were playing is counter-attacking, neville is getting better but is unfortunately last choice for me (legend in his own right tho).
1 Brown, 2 Rafael, 3 Neville! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedForceRising said:
Just asking ou of curiosity. What are you right about?

the post doesn't seem to be in context with a previous post

LOL I wrote the Thread

That fergys first choice is now RAFA. Why do u contradict people, wtf do u think i meant?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
trikam patel said:
LOL I wrote the Thread

That fergys first choice is now RAFA. Why do u contradict people, wtf do u think i meant?

Trikam, I was just asking a question and did not imply anything.

Stop being sensitive, defensive and imagine things.

You just make a post saying you love it when you;re right without reference to a previous post. people might thing you;re losing it........

And how do you know Rafael is Fergie's first choice now?

And ease the **** up when you reply to me or you'll get some time to cool off.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts