Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

United's new third kit has been inspired by the success of 1968, when the Reds wore blue while becoming the first English team to lift the European Cup.

To celebrate the 40-year anniversary of the momentous night, Nike has created a kit worthy of that great team and their famous 4-1 win over Benfica at Wembley. United will therefore wear blue as their third kit for the 2008/09 campaign and as the preferred kit for this season's Champions League away matches.

The new blue shirt includes a number of details that celebrate the anniversary including the embroidery of the words 'May 29th 1968' and '40th Year Anniversary' around the crest.

The kit uses Nike Fit fabric technology, first used by Nike in national team kits worn by Nike-sponsored teams in the 2006 World Cup. This technology is designed to enhance player performance by wicking sweat through the material and away from the skin. A full mesh back on the player's jerseys also aids ventilation.

United defender Rio Ferdinand said: "When you look at the final image you will associate it with the great team of 1968 with the likes of George Best and Bobby Charlton.

"Obviously they won the European Cup in blue so we hope we can walk in their shoes again with this kit. It's such a big part of the history of the club."-manutd.com

can't wait.....

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I thought that the black kit was still being used?? :(....

So amny kits! :rolleyes: Don't think I've actually seen this new blue one
yet.....hope it looks good!

Ahh...seen it now....

From manutd.com

·
Banned
836 Posts
It'll be just like the 2002-3 blue kit, in which RvN scored at Highbury that season, with the nike logo in the same place and the man utd logo in the same place but with AIG on it.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
It'll be just like the 2002-3 blue kit, in which RvN scored at Highbury that season, with the nike logo in the same place and the man utd logo in the same place but with AIG on it.

I really liked that kit actually!

The silver writing on it......nice kit!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
like the new kit.. that should be our 2nd kit and not the white ones.. dont like the white ones alot and wished they had stayed with the black from last season

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
That kit is amazing. I wish it was our 2nd kit as I don't like our current 2nd kit. We should have kept last season's black kit.

But back on this one, I love it, hopefully we actually get to see it for a few games.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
This is the kit thats gonna be worn for all our away Champions League games right? It looks nice from the back can't wait to see the front of it 16th of september its released i believe! :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
This is the kit thats gonna be worn for all our away Champions League games right? It looks nice from the back can't wait to see the front of it 16th of september its released i believe! :D

Sorry if these have already been posted.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I already have it , bought it in Niketown in Chicago . It's class . Witing to get Berba on the back though...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I wish we just used that blue one instead of our away one. What's wrong with last year's all black one, or 06/07's all white one? Those were both quality.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts