Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think the new kit looks smart. Good to see them tieing it in with the 40 year anniversary after Wembley '68. Most United fans don't like it when we have blue away kits but I think it looks good :).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i have been wondering whether to buy a new shirt this season. this kit clears out my doubts after seeig the post by TheManc. amazing....i will accept blue this time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand New 3rd Kit!

just seen the new 3rd kit! and would like to say, i think its amazing, i have already pre-orderd 3, one for me one for my dad and one for my sister. Love the way its got the stitching around the bagde '' May 29th 1968'.

Whats does anyone else think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
love it.
deffo guna get it, guna be a match day purchase though, hopefully v bolton
looks an amazing kit would deffo be up there in my fave utd kits over the years till i see in person not sure it will topple my personal fave of the blue and white away kit of a few seasons ago with players names watermarked in the shirt

lol just looked at my email and manutd.com have sent me a mail about this lol, spooky, im sure most of you will have got the same message

·
Registered
2 Posts
adriches said:
love it.
deffo guna get it, guna be a match day purchase though, hopefully v bolton
looks an amazing kit would deffo be up there in my fave utd kits over the years till i see in person not sure it will topple my personal fave of the blue and white away kit of a few seasons ago with players names watermarked in the shirt

lol just looked at my email and manutd.com have sent me a mail about this lol, spooky, im sure most of you will have got the same message

At first i thought it was getting released to the public today, then when i went to purchase it send delivery will be the 16th sept! i was like :confused: but good things come to those who wait haha. Think my fave kit of all time will be the all black one from last season!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
totally disagree. its using anniversaries that have gone to sell shirts.

making it 'limited' or 'special' or 'commemorative' is all well and good but do it at the time.

another example of mr glazer cashing in on the clubs history and heritage to fund the interest payments.

stoke away, arsenal away, boro away are the only games u will see them in it

why not release the blue shirt as an away instead of the white one, thus eliminating the need for a third kit.

no bring out a third kit and just to buy in all the loyal supporters, we will slap some embroidery round badge.

And also wot a suprise, its only being used for one season again.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I like it...
It's Like 1968.:D

Inspired by greatness
United players have their say on the new third kit for 2008/09, designed to celebrate 40 years since the Reds wore blue in becoming the first English team to win the European Cup.

"This club has a great history. We respect the legends and it's great for us to put a shirt on that remembers a great team. I think it's beautiful."

- Cristiano Ronaldo

"I'm very impressed. It's great to have a kit to celebrate 40 years since that amazing night. For it to look so good and be the same colour as the kit from 1968 is a testimony to the designers."

- Ryan Giggs

United's new third kit has been inspired by the success of 1968, when the Reds wore blue while becoming the first English team to lift the European Cup.

To celebrate 40 years since that momentous night, Nike has created a new kit worthy of that great team and their famous 4-1 win over Benfica at Wembley. The new blue shirt includes a number of details that commemorate the achievement including the embroidery of the words 'May 29th 1968' and '40th Year Anniversary' around the crest.

United captain Gary Neville said: "I think it’s fantastic, I like the traditional kits. I think we should wear kits that represent the history of the club and this one certainly does that.

"I think you will think about that night and that team when you wear this kit, particularly with the embroidery of the date around the badge. The fans will love it."

Rio Ferdinand said: "When you look at the final image you will associate it with the great team of 1968 with the likes of George Best and Bobby Charlton.

"Obviously they won the European Cup in blue so we hope we can walk in their shoes again with this kit. It's such a big part of the history of the club."

Wayne Rooney added: "It’s a nice kit. It’s been designed to celebrate 40 years since the European Cup win so it’s great to have a kit that remembers that team.

"When you come to a club like United, the history of the club is something that is important for new players to understand. It’s different to go out in blue but it’s all part of the club’s history and I think that’s important."

ManUtd.com

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
its a year late.

wembley 68'

40 years on we win it...

moscow 08'

but rome 09' is 41 years.
well said. my point exactly.

we won 1st euro cup in the season 1967/68
40th anniversary season therefore is 2007/08

This kit is out to just rob the fans a little bit more.

would try to organise a boycott of it but there are too many muppets who will buy it cos its a retro 1968 anniversary shirt.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It looks sweet!!! I so want to get one with Giggs 11 on the back!

The black away kit is our 3rd choice away kit in all competitions besides the Champions League...

And our 1st choice away kit is this new blue one only for the Champions League.

I hope they wear it in the Super Cup :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
antdevil78 said:
well said. my point exactly.

we won 1st euro cup in the season 1967/68
40th anniversary season therefore is 2007/08

This kit is out to just rob the fans a little bit more.

would try to organise a boycott of it but there are too many muppets who will buy it cos its a retro 1968 anniversary shirt.
yes, 100% correct.
but they are clever because
ST holders will have just paid for ST and have CL games and Caring Cup games coming out in the next month

whereas

other fans who can't attend for one reason or another will buy the shirt as they can't afford/get to old trafford...
UNLCE MALC GETS MONEY IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER:rolleyes:

so they have all bases covered, plus the fact its "remebering" 68' more people will want it as it will be seen as acknologing(sp?) the clubs history.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
its a year late.

wembley 68'

40 years on we win it...

moscow 08'

but rome 09' is 41 years.
Thats exactly my feelings.

Although Celtic, who are also sponsored by Nike, released the 40 year celebration of the Lisbon Lions kit 41 years after as well :confused:

No doubt its a quality kit. But it doesn't make sense.

We won't even wear it that much. I'll be surprised if we wear it more than 10 times. I know it says its the CL away kit, but we'll only wear it if we play a team in red.

Lucky7 said:
"This club has a great history. We respect the legends and it's great for us to put a shirt on that remembers a great team. I think it's beautiful."

- Cristiano Ronaldo
Sorry, but I find that deeply insulting.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts