Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Van der sar is getting older and I think we've seen it in some games this season with some of the mistakes he has made, but saying that he has pulled off some world class saves aswell! If we were to replace him I would like to see Buffon come in, but that would be difficult for us to do, I think we are looking to Bring Ben Foster into the 1st team within the next couple of years to replce Van Der Sar

·
Registered
414 Posts
manutdman said:
van der sar is aging.... hu should replace him?
has been quoted from Sir Alex that if Foster doesn't replace Van Der Saar in nets by christmas 07 then he goes out on loan for the remainder of the season. would be nice to see a young English lad no.1 at united but i think the giant Dutchman has got so much experience and quality that any replacement must be right on his game and be prepared to take an empires spite if anything goes wrong, Edwins the man for the job and any decision to replace him cant be made too rashly IMO. Also, am i the only one who thinks Foster has Casillas like qualities?:D :D :D sorted

·
Registered
73 Posts
Van der Sar has been average this season, pulling off some great saves, but still being inconsistent. Kuzzie and Fozzie are both potentially quality goalkeepers and I rate Foster to take Van der Sar's place before long.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let's take off the red-tinted glasses for a second and look at the facts; we caved in at Roma, Arsenal away, Pompey, all kinds of places because of his lack of catching ability. He hasn't kept a clean sheet since the bloody Liverpool game, even in the 7-goal bumraping of AS Roma, he let in a goal ffs.

Van der Sar is past his world-class best without a doubt, although Fergie still trusts his judgement and experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ben foster.

he's bin amazing for watford without him they would of consided twice as many goals! (opinion)

But he is a talent.. FACT!

some would say its opinion but he should replace van da saar.. or at least fergi should give him a chance!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
VDS is still a great goalkeeper. yes he makes mistakes but so do all keepers at some stage. Its how you deal with them that matters.He has kept us in games many times this season and has generally performed extremely well. VDS still has another year or two at United. Id like to see Foster challenging him next season. It will keep him on his toes. Foster is a big talent and can do well at United but maybe not for another year or two. Then there is Kuszczak who im still not convinced by. Seems like a great shot stopper but possibly a bit dodgy on the crosses. I saw him play at OT for West Brom a couple of seasons back and he ruined my day. He was unbelievable.
So I wouldnt be too concerned about our goalies. Its the first time since Schmeichel left that we seem to have that position covered.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He is a quality keeper. Im happy enough with the keepers we have. I wouldnt mind having him but we may need the extra money for a striker and winger. Looks like we have signed Hargreaves as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
right i agree he is a very good keeper for his age with man u help he would become the best in the england maybe even in the world

·
Registered
414 Posts
good hands, strong head, incredibly focused, could do with a bit more bulk and more gangly than foster making him a less efficient shot stopper, but if you want a real hardcore dependable goalkeeper to make the long arm match winning saves and keep the defense full of belief, craigs your man.

such a talent, a steal at 8 mil, absolute steal. Don't discount the scottish league for producing world class talent, larsson!

only problem would be who to play, buying him could cause more problems for selection and we've seen the problems not having a consistent keeper can bring, howard-carrol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts