Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that within the week the newspapers will start linking us with a new keeper following VDS and his calamities and Fergies unwillingness to give Foster a chance :confused: . Personally I would prefer to discard Vds , (despite of his great performances in the last couple of years) and give a chance to Ben . But I do think that a new keeper will be Fergie's no.1 priority come June.Anyone from Kameni,Ochoa or Ustari is a possibility imo. Any ideas on who it could be people ? Watch this space ...

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i think youll find there isnt a unwillingness to play foster hes got a serious knee injury i beleive
i think when hes back fergie with the lad a chance so im not panicing just yet

but i think VDS still has alot to offer i just think he can be slightly edgey at times and gets forced into silly errors

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Ochoa
Neuer
LLoris
Akenfeiv

the best young goalies in the world imo we should buy one of them when Van Der Sar retires

also i would like to have Volkan Demeril
or maybe we replace Ronaldo by Casillias even tho i prefer Demeril

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
We absolutely need to give Ben foster a chance.

If he can't make the grade, then we should pursue any of the 4 keepers that Abo has named, as they are better than VDS on current form.

Especially Hugo Lloris - a magnificent prospect. Tall, but blessed with wonderful agility and reflexes. Lyon's current number 1 keeper.

Seeing as the season has started though and seeing as I'm tired of players, who were bought for the future not getting their chance I would put Ben Foster in goal AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
No-one has had a great start to the season.
Everyone has messed up.

And people are talking about buying a new keeper.
How about wait 'til the season actually gets up and running?

·
Registered
601 Posts
we are always suspect on corners, i cant remember if vds ever claimed the ball from a corner last season. I dont think vds is confortable when corners or crosses come in. he is to much on his goal line which is bad because keepers tend to hesitate more and if there run is to late then mistakes can happen. This was my point last season, every goal we let in last season was always from a set piece or a cross.

i dont think we should change keeper but vds needs to be more confident on crosses and corners

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We don't need a good goalkeeper yet.

We have a goalkeeper in reserve who is going to be a top quality goalkeeper, and who deserves his chance, him being Ben Foster.

If he gets a chance, and I mean a decent, long chance and doesn't take it, then fair enough, buy another goalkeeper.

But he can't do anything without a chance, and if hes fit I would play him. Thats all he deserves, and I honestly believe we could save millions by giving him the chance.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
lets give Foster a chance and Van Der Sar a bigger chance
then when VDS retire we choose between Kuszczak Foster or a new goalie

also Zeiler have some future imo he have impressed me :)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
abojodeh said:
lets give Foster a chance and Van Der Sar a bigger chance
then when VDS retire we choose between Kuszczak Foster or a new goalie

also Zeiler have some future imo he have impressed me :)
Amos > *.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
antdevil78 said:
one bad performance
Its not really one bad performance though is it.

Since he broke his nose against Tottenham, hes been more shaky than he was beforehand.

Hes already cost us 2 goals already this season.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
antdevil78 said:
one bad performance and we need new keeper.

berbatov aint scored after one game. we need a new striker!!!!!

you must watch vds with your eyes closed because he has been making bad mistakes for over a season now , and since he had the bang in his face he has lost his bottle whenever pressurised. i don't like to critize the guy who has been a class keeper but his best days are long gone and he must be replaced for the good of the team.put him in an average premier side and he would concede 3 or 4 a game.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
People are overactinghere. Yes VDS was poor today, and yes he has had a bad start, but we're only a couple of games in.

Surely after all VDS has done for us he can't just be dropped after a couple of bad games.

Lets see what happens with the Villereal and the Chelsea match before we start talking about immediately replacing him.

IF he does get replaced then Foster is there and waiting, but the reason he hasn't been on the bench is because he had been injured. He's had a wrist and a thumb injury so he's not fully fit.

We certainly don't need a new GK right now.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
edwin will be fine , he has had a bad spell but all goalies do , it is better to have it now than later as the team is not firing on all cylinders yet
unfortunately when goalkeepers make blunders 99% of the time they result in a goal as they are the last line of defence so dont panic he is a very experienced goalie

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lads. Vds has cost us five points so far this season after only 3 games. I certainly now believe that goalkeeper is our weaklink . And tbh, I don't think anyone can argue with this ?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I am sure Foster would of got a chance if he was not injured..just wait till he gets back and maybe then we can see if Foster is United quality and if he is a replacement of VDS already.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
When is Foster back.

The thing about dropping a goal keeper is that is shows you've lost faith in him. It tells everyone in the club this same message. If VDS is dropped it's a big decision. I think he should still be given more chances.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.