Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
vds

RichardsReds said:
When is Foster back.

The thing about dropping a goal keeper is that is shows you've lost faith in him. It tells everyone in the club this same message. If VDS is dropped it's a big decision. I think he should still be given more chances.
lets be fair if he left the ball to wes it would be throw or corner. He made massive blunder but made a lot of good saves. He wont make many. Not scared to get his nose broke for the devils and he will save penalties!! :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
penalties what a load of rubbish, if he was stronger in that shootout he could have saved coles i think it was, dont get me wrong i loved the man for it, but VDS has had his time.he isnt the fearless man he used to be.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
As for young goalies I really like David De Gea. He was really good at the U17 World Championships a while back.

Played for Spain in the same team as Bojan. Got to the final and were defeated by Nigeria in penalties, if I remember correctly.

I think he plays for Atletico Madrid but he's not on the first team at all so maybe he's still a youth player.

Hasn't signed a contract or something to that effect.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
I have just watched the og on motd for second time and i dont think anyone was at fault it was just bad luck . a few minutes before he had pulled off a great reflex save albeit after a fluff .

vidic however had a total shocker and should have seen red earlier he was sloppy fopr the second goal and had his worst game in a united shirt .

vds saved many efforts as game progressed including point blank kuyt effort .

This is all with benefit of hindsight though as when i was listening to game live it sounded to me like vds was having a total mare .

if you have seen it again have you changed your minds ?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I really didn't like how we handled Rossi and Pique. They were decent prospects who had the potential to start for Man Utd. But they never got a decent chance and was sold for peanuts.

I for one would be absolutely gutted if the same happened to Ben Foster. He needs to be given a chance. A fair opportunity to impose himself as our no:1. If he doesn't take it, then we can look for other options. But Foster has to be given a chance.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
well if youare going to start blaming players , what about giggs a total school boy error for the second and vidic the idiot gets himself banned for a couple matches and more importantly misses the chelski match.
vds might have cost us a few points this season but last season his saves won us the double , so dont forget it

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
red devil jeff said:
I really didn't like how we handled Rossi and Pique. They were decent prospects who had the potential to start for Man Utd. But they never got a decent chance and was sold for peanuts.

I for one would be absolutely gutted if the same happened to Ben Foster. He needs to be given a chance. A fair opportunity to impose himself as our no:1. If he doesn't take it, then we can look for other options. But Foster has to be given a chance.
did you see how good carson was for west brom yesterday ? yet he went through bad patch after boo boo in the england shirt . vds is far more reliable than barthez ever was and look how long he got despite numerous howlers . foster has youth on his side and will improve further with age and i would rather he was totally ready before he gets number 1 shirt as two or three errors for a new keeper can finish them --- look at taibi :eek:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Vidic only misses the Chelsea game.

Second yellow is only a one match ban.

I find absolute shocking that so many United fans are spolit. Absolute spoilt.

We haven't had a good performance at Anfield in years. We have been the same throughout but in the last few games there we've had luck.

People calling for VDS' head, Vidic facing the boo boys, Anti-Giggs, Anti-Scholes, Anti-Rooney and Anti-Fergie just after one defeat.

When it's known knowledge we always start slow.

Not many teams go to Anfield and win.

People need to get off there high horse and think United have a devine right to win every game.
Imagine if you supported United in 74 when we went down. Or thourout the barren years.

Gawd.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Another predictable thread showing up after yesterdays game :rolleyes:

We dont need ANY keepers. We have 3 quality keepers that are Premiership
standard. We also have the likes of Heaton and Zieler in reserve as well as some
young Irish kid who recently arrived at the club.
The transfer crap has now ended and I cant believe we are talking about finding
new players already. Give the lads a chance ffs and Edwin.
He is still class despite the odd mistake.
Looks at Cech and James.....
Every player makes mistakes, the only difference is that the keepers get punished more.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
There are dozens of threads in here on the goalkeeping situation. VdS should not be the scapegoat for Anfailed, the team is at fault. CLOSED

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.