Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to Gazza Injured again, I think we need RB seriously, Brown wasn't good enough to be a RB. Here's I'm offerring you some name :
1. Daniel Alves of Sevilla
2. Rafinho of Schalke
3. Nelson of Benfica.
4. Miguel of Valencia

Or you guys have others names???????????

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
To be honest, I'd rather we did stick with Wes Brown or even playing John O'Shea there is better for the side. I don't like us signing lots of foreigners to be honest. Also if more injuries hit, why not give Danny Simpson some more first team action? If not then maybe buy someone. But I see no need straight away. I wouldn't mind Lucas Neill ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah That Neville injury can lead him to retirement!!! - just like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
I'm affraid so.....:(

Ajant said:
To be honest, I'd rather we did stick with Wes Brown or even playing John O'Shea there is better for the side. I don't like us signing lots of foreigners to be honest. Also if more injuries hit, why not give Danny Simpson some more first team action? If not then maybe buy someone. But I see no need straight away. I wouldn't mind Lucas Neill ;)
Lucas Neill of Jurasic park..???:D Just kidding, mate.
Lucas Neill he's CB, isn't he? Is he good at RB, coz I never see him play as RB.
Yup I forgot we had Danny simpson, but he's not experience enough. I think SAF should give more game for Danny, but not JOS he's same with Brown.

Or do U have others...

·
Registered
291 Posts
with neville gone... we should get an attacking rb.. and nelson is attacking. Remember his goal against us at ot last year??? it was attacking and good

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Agind said:
I'm affraid so.....:(

Lucas Neill of Jurasic park..???:D Just kidding, mate.
Lucas Neill he's CB, isn't he? Is he good at RB, coz I never see him play as RB.
Yup I forgot we had Danny simpson, but he's not experience enough. I think SAF should give more game for Danny, but not JOS he's same with Brown.

Or do U have others...
I just prefer us to use our own first, and if that doesn't work then okay perhaps delve into the transfer market.

And Lucas Neill plays right back for West Ham United week in week out, as far as I'm aware. And used to play Right Back and occasionally left back for Blackburn. With Australia he has recently played CB ever since Hiddink was in charge.

Other options? Pique right back. Or if you want to splash further cash on some flare diving player from south america then aren't we getting two guys from one of our feeder clubs, what positions are they?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Guys seriously how many threads are going to be started on this discussion! If you do a search you will see that there is thread already on this issue!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Wes Brown had a shaky start this season but has performed admiraly in his last few games and is well worth his starting role.....
If Wes keeps this form up Gazza will be struggling to get his place back....

Lucas Neill would be a pointless signing because he is no better than Brown or Gazza and is getting on in years......
We also have Pique who has done very well in the league when called upon this season and Simpson looks like he has a bright future ahead of him.....

Not to mention utility man John O'Shea and Rafael and Fabio....

If United sign Daniel Alves I will literally get sick......he's an overpaid, cocky little twirp......and Sevilla are welcome to him.....

I don't know of the others you mentioned but imho I believe we are sorted at the position of right-back.....

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
chiboygeorge said:
Yeah That Neville injury can lead him to retirement!!! - just like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
FFS, he has a slight calf strain. He'll be back playing in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Another thread on right backs. pfffft.
Neville will be back very soon. If not we have Wes who has deputised so well. If both of them are injured we have OShea, Pique, Simpson, OH whoever it doesnt matter.
There is no problem at right back.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
reddwarf said:
FFS, he has a slight calf strain. He'll be back playing in the next few weeks.

I have a slight suspicion that his use of exclamation marks indicates that he was being sarcastic...:eek:

Of course Gazza will be back in a few weeks...duh...:D

Jazz 16 said:
Another thread on right backs. pfffft.
Neville will be back very soon. If not we have Wes who has deputised so well. If both of them are injured we have OShea, Pique, Simpson, OH whoever it doesnt matter.
There is no problem at right back.

That's basically exactly what I said.......except I also added...

that if we buy Daniel Alves I will literally be sick....:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone think danny simpson did ok againts Kiev?

to me he looked like a really good player
Just my thoughts,Jonie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts