Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i'm new to the site but am really enjoying all topics that are being posted and wanted to start one of my own regarding a new striker
there has been a lot of talk about the possibility of benzema joining us but in my opinion we have enough of that style of striker who likes to drop deep and create from there
i'd love to see a van nistlerooy style goal hanger who can feed off the the deeper lying strikers
i'm not sure who that would be so was hoping for suggestions

·
Registered
616 Posts
leebromfield said:
hi guys

i'm new to the site but am really enjoying all topics that are being posted and wanted to start one of my own regarding a new striker
there has been a lot of talk about the possibility of benzema joining us but in my opinion we have enough of that style of striker who likes to drop deep and create from there
i'd love to see a van nistlerooy style goal hanger who can feed off the the deeper lying strikers
i'm not sure who that would be so was hoping for suggestions
Berbatov ?dont think we have a striker problem at the moment,espeicially when Rooney returns,to be honest wouldnt
mind seeing Frazer Cambell back.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I thought Berbatov would play as a striker but he drops even deeper than Rooney and Tevez in most games. At times it's like we're playing a 4-6-0 formation!

I know we're getting a lot of 1-0's this season but I'm not sure if a goal hanger is actually required. Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez are all in double figures this season and the rest of the squad is also chipping in.

·
Registered
915 Posts
reddwarf said:
I know we're getting a lot of 1-0's this season but I'm not sure if a goal hanger is actually required. Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez are all in double figures this season and the rest of the squad is also chipping in.
Agree. Although it would be nice to have a Van Nistelrooy-type player, it doesn't appear to be a necessity to us. & maybe an out and out goalscorer would be detrimental to the style of play we have developed over the last few seasons.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
If we sign Tevez contract in the summer we do not need another striker.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
First of all,welcome to MUT :D

Like someone said if we get Tevez there is no need to get another striker.

Although Berbatov did play lik a 'goal-hanger' at Tottenham,his role changed to a certain degree after joining United. I guess Sir alex demands more work ethic out of his players.

The goals are coming , and if we continue getting 1-0s and end up winning the league and/or the european cup, i'll take it.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
us and barca have the best strike force in world football at the moment. their is no need to introduce anyone up top. if we need to improve anywhere its left mid but still i dont think were weak there just that is prob the weakest part of our team. no complaints anywhere on the pitch tho to be honest. this team is fantastic and long may they stay together. pleasure to watch everyweek

·
Registered
629 Posts
No need for a striker. We have enough quality upfront and we do create lots of chances each and every game so there is no real need for another striker. We have been closing most of the games because we want to keep the clean sheets going on and on and that is why we haven't scored many goals in the last few games. But when on song we can put in 4-5 goals easily so I don't really see any need for a box to box striker. Our midfield is also chipping in with goals so there aren't many complaints.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
If you stand still you will be allowing people to catch up. We need to constant keep improving. In our the treble we had 4 top notch strikers at our disposal, to do that again we need more firepower and different options. The fact that so many of you are happy to just settle now what we've got is a little sad.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I say we get an absolute target man, like a Luca Toni/Mario Gomez type. That's really the only type of striker we don't have at our disposal, and it could be great to be able to give another look to the opposition.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
peterswellman said:
Neitehr Toni or Gomez are good enough to play for us. Maybe Llorente.
My point, was that we need someone in their mold. Give Gomez a few years too, he could be up there.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
I say we get an absolute target man, like a Luca Toni/Mario Gomez type. That's really the only type of striker we don't have at our disposal, and it could be great to be able to give another look to the opposition.
convert Titus Bramble into a striker?:eek: :p

TBF big tall striker men don't really get the credit they deserve i really do rate Emile Heskey :eek: hes excellent at what he does IMO

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
cantos red army said:
convert Titus Bramble into a striker?:eek: :p

TBF big tall striker men don't really get the credit they deserve i really do rate Emile Heskey :eek: hes excellent at what he does IMO
Not scoring?

All he does is run around, like a chicken with its head cut off.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
Not scoring?

All he does is run around, like a chicken with its head cut off.
causing havoc and just been a nusicane and winning his fair share of ball to knock on to his striking partner he will flourish at villa IMO

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
If we sign tevez there would be no need for a new striker but if he leaves than we should buy a player that will accept that he wont play in the first team for every game. Darren Bent would be good IMO

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Clarky101 said:
us and barca have the best strike force in world football at the moment. their is no need to introduce anyone up top. if we need to improve anywhere its left mid but still i dont think were weak there just that is prob the weakest part of our team. no complaints anywhere on the pitch tho to be honest. this team is fantastic and long may they stay together. pleasure to watch everyweek
Agreed and i think Berba is the last piece of the jigsaw we need for this season's prem!

peterswellman said:
Benzema please.
Not this unrealistic nonsense again

1 - 20 of 34 Posts