Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massive game for both clubs. Portsmouth are not sure to avoid relegation but are in a good position on 37 points. They should do easily though.

Newcastle need to win this game in my opinion to have any chance of survival. They're in 19th place on 30 points, 4 points from safety and they're running out of games to close the gap.

Come on Pompey :D

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I'd rather Pompey went down, but could care less if Newcastle went too, i want Hull to stay up, simply because i can't see them getting back up again...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Newcastle: Harper, Beye, Bassong, Colocinni, Enrique, Smith, Butt, Duff, Viduka, Martins, Owen

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Distin, Campbell, Hreidarsson, Mullins, Davis, Hughes, Belhadj, Nugent, Crouch

Very attacking team put out by Newcastle. But when you need a win with so few games left, they may as well go for it from the off.

Should be interesting:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
If Pompey win that's it for the barcodes.
If Newcastle do win I think they will escape relegation and it will be WBA, Boro and Hull to go down.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'd be quite happy to see Newcastle go down with Shearer at the helm. :p
I do think they'll win this game tonight though and if they do, they should stay up.
I hope Boro get relegated, just don't like that club. :D

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Anyone watching this game on Setanta?!

There's some Clown singing on the pitch with a flag, pretty funny actually..! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
They have some Ultra out singing now getting the fans going. Club also gave out flags and scarves to get the atmosphere and morale of the fans up.

I think Mike Ashley was trying to learn the lyrics off a little card. :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Enrique going off injured for Guthrie is a blessing in disguise. Playing alot better with more chances since his introduction.

Newcastle look a bit out of sorts going forward early on but getting closer to a goal now

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I'd rather Pompey went down, but could care less if Newcastle went too, i want Hull to stay up, simply because i can't see them getting back up again...
me too, i want Pompy to win so Newcastle don't pass Hull! keep up the Tigers! send down the ton army!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There really has been some shocking misses aint there Shiv. Owen, Martins.. Geordies should have started Spiderman and Carroll to begin with instead of a half-fit Viduka.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Ohh yeah there's been some good chances to score a goal in this game.
Pompey just hit the post there too.
Viduka should never have started, Spiderman has done well along with Carroll since coming on alrite.
Looks like it's gonna be a 0-0.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ohh yeah there's been some good chances to score a goal in this game.
Pompey just hit the post there too.
Viduka should never have started, Spiderman has done well along with Carroll since coming on alrite.
Looks like it's gonna be a 0-0.
Or a late cheeky winner for Pompey;) haha seriously looking like a 0-0 for sure but wouldt rule out someone grabbing a late one

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'd love pompey to score now, 3 mins added time.

Off Topic but, Reading beat Norwich 2-0, Shane Long scored twice.
I hope the beat Birminghan on the last day and go up automatically.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts