Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 OUT OF 3 is a MUST. Or I really believe our title chances will be in detriment. Stoke at home , then Villa AND City away. Not the nicest fixtures are they? I can see us really slipping up in at least 1 of those away games. But if we win all of them , then I really think the league is ours again this season. I think we are heading towards a make or break period of the season now !:confused:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
we cant really afford to slip up much at all for the rest of the season!!

we always react well after disappointment... we owe Citeh after last season and Villa is usually a guaranteed 3 points!

regarding the title, last season we were top of the head to heads in the top 4 league, obviously not the case this season, but we dropped 6 points against citeh... and i know that wont happen again this season so i still fancy us for the title!

the next 5/10 games are very important, that will give us an idea how we look coming into the xmas period... hopefully no further back than 3 points by then, i fancy us to be top new years day!!!!

COME ON!!!!

oh sorry forgot to mention Stoke above... ha

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
our fixture list is horrible!! Villa away will be tougher than ever because they will want to say something back after we outclassed them last season at our ground.

City will be looking forward to playing us!! How terrible does that sound!?!? I hope we hammer them! lol

Stoke we should destory imo...

But i agree, tough period coming up and we cant rely on others to slip, we just have to make sure we win our games...

This is when the squad starts to become a factor, from late november/decemeber onwards...;-)

pz

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Stoke at home shouldn't be too hard hopefully we'll get Berba and Rooney firing and we should put 3/4 past them. The Villa game could be pretty tough as they've not been having a good time recently and have Arsenal tomorrow, so what better way to get better on track than to geta result against us. Then IMO we'll lose to City at the City of Manchester as per usual :L

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Not the nicest fixtures are they?
Stoke should be a breeze, Villa Park is like our 2nd home and City are an absolute joke. 9 points should be no problem. :p :D

I'm confident we'll get 3 points against Stoke.

Villa are a very good team and it will be tough but we are definitely Villa's bogey team and I reckon we'll get the 3 points.

You can never really predict what will happen in a derby. City have been very poor so far this season but they do have some quality players and will obviously be highly motivated to do well in this game - it's their cup final. :D Although if we play well then we really should be too good for them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think the thread starter is spot on. This is it right now , right here. If we fall further behind then we've had it I think. It would take too long to claw it all back. I'm looking for a "backs to the wall performance".

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The next 3 games are important as are the 3 after that and so on.
Nearly every game from now till the end of the season is a MUST win.
We are in a good position to strike and we arent the European and Premiership
Champions for nothing. Come the end of the season we will be there or there abouts.
Its also important to not fall too far behind as we will be missing a game cos of Japan.
We also have a game with Fulham. So if we are within 10 points(+2 games)
come Xmas we should be ok.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
We have a good record against Villa and I fancy our chances against City, so no worries for me in the next two.

Both teams will probably refuse to sit back and defend, so we will have chances and Ferdinand+Vidic> Kompany&Co;) and >Laursen+Davies

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Villa will be the tougher of the next 2 games imo and will be very hyped up after the Arse game.

City have been having a hard time of late but i could see them giving us a hard game to prove their worth.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
2 tough games next up, i feel 2 wins would really set us on our way, we need to start a good run before xmas.
i honestly feel this team is ready to take off, were not out of the race yet.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
every game is important from the first to last , the league can just as easily be blown in the first five games as the last five.
United are always under pressure in every game as it is usually the oppositions cup final

1 - 14 of 14 Posts