Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a ronaldo thread.

With all of our legitimate concern over the 'will he/won't he' in the last few weeks, we may have lost sight of the fact that (regardless) we are in much better shape than our closest rivals in the EPL.

Chelski are likely to lose a couple, if not several of their key players (Drogba and Carvallho to inter, Shevchenko (lol) to milan and perhaps a few more). They have been unable to sign their first two choices to replace grant, and you get the sense that the all powerful czar may also scare any new players away.

Arse'ne's latest effort to rebuild l'arse has been somewhat dented by the loss of hleb and flamini. As well, Adebayor is being heavily targetted by milan - as their first choice striker. Ljungberg has come out with some damaging claims about
the wenger military regime - will that affect their ability to sign new talent?

And LFC still have benitez as manager - enough said.

We have the entire summer transfer market to improve the team and may have an abundance of funds to do so. We are still the reigning EPL and CL champions, players will want to come here. Some, perhaps even more so if the inevitable does happen.

I am juiced about the prospects! :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
an excellent thread moondog :)

it is true now you mention it, we are maintaining almost all our players apart from say Ronaldo. Fergies on for a couple more seasons, we have a strong squad with possibly some world class players on there way.

to be honest. next season is looking excellent for us :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
agreed that united will have another good season next year, however i feel ronaldo is not going to leave. he has improved himself everyseason so far in his united career, whos to say he won't score 50+ goals. also hopefully with a new frontman coming in this summer, he will probably score a big bad aswell. then with Tevez and Rooney behind this man they will have the space to score many goals as well. our defense should be as solid next year as this year especially if a new rightback comes. so imo next season is looking good.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't believe that this thread got 'out replied' (10-1) by 'what is your favourite united top'.

Yeah, I know - just pride of ownership and my sour grapes. :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Apart from the fact that the 'best player in the world' doesn't want to play for us .. things are looking gooood!

·
Registered
550 Posts
If things stay the way they are and Manucho returns, we'll do well.

Optimally, Ronaldo leaves for 60mil plus Sergio Ramos. We buy Young and Kaka with the money and complete the rumoured Benzema deal for 25mil plus Saha and Silvestre. We'd be on a whole new level of unstoppable.

When are the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup games btw?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
this team we are having now is going to get better. anderson, hargreaves, nani and tevez who all had a great first season, will be more comfortable in the team, and they will contribute even more next season. with the stable and excellent defence we have built over the last 2 seasons, and exciting attacking players up front(with or without ronaldo), plus one or two summer signings arriving, we are definitely the team to beat next year, in europe and england.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts