Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this season hasn't finished yet, but I just wanted to raise this issue.

I heard about this a long time ago. Its from Wikipedia;

Similarly, the club has only had four independent kit manufacturers, the first being Admiral. Adidas took over in the mid-1980s, only for local sportswear company Umbro to replace them in 1992. Umbro's sponsorship lasted for ten years, until the club struck a record-breaking £302.9 million deal with Nike. The agreement with Nike will last an initial 13 years, although the American company does have the option to cancel the deal in 2008. Otherwise, the contract will run until at least 2015.

What do you think?

Do you think Nike should cancel? Would you welcome new kit manufacturers?

If Nike are to cancel, who should take their place?

Do you have any particular styles/designs or ideas you would like to see on next seasons kits?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Nike won't leave in 2008, they are enjoying this deal way too much. :D Besides I'm a Nike man through and through. Even my glasses are made by Nike, no joke! I wear Nike shoes & I've just taken ownership of a United CL shirt with the Nike tick prominent. The only piece of Adidas merchandise I own is the World Cup 2006 ball which I bought in a fit of madness before realising it won't make me a better footballer.

N

·
0 Posts
the brand doesn't really matter, Nike or not, i would still support united

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Why would Nike cancel?

United are currently one of the most successful clubs in Europe having reached the Champions League semi-finals 2 years running and won the Premier League title last season.

It would make no business sense to end the relationship for either party.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can see them renegotiating the deal, United I mean, should that option have been in the clause, which I imagine it will as why would United's money men make the deal when Nike can readjust, but not them. Maybe more cash in. And can't they make the AIG emblem smaller?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nike would not cancel no matter what!! We are the most famous football club and we are very at the moment (EPL champions last season and it looks like we are going to defend it this season and we are in the CL semis twice in a row and we also went far in the FA cup twice in 2 seasons). I love Nike but even if we did get new kit makers I would still love United and buy the new kit but I would prefer Nike. If Nike did cancel I would like to go back to adidas. And I believe we will have the same kits next season with just the white one going away and being replaced by a nice cool blue colour.

19 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Nike won't leave in 2008, they are enjoying this deal way too much. :D Besides I'm a Nike man through and through. Even my glasses are made by Nike, no joke! I wear Nike shoes & I've just taken ownership of a United CL shirt with the Nike tick prominent. The only piece of Adidas merchandise I own is the World Cup 2006 ball which I bought in a fit of madness before realising it won't make me a better footballer.

These are my boots for 1st one is for Futsal and other is for Football of course.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I seriously think it would be bad business sense for Nike to cancel. first off look at the players they get to make first contact with cause of the deal with ManUtd and in turn can sponsor as apposed to Addidas, Puma, Reebok, etc.. and then take into account the amount of United merchandise sold throughout the world. letting go of this deal would be utterly stupid of Nike. and Nike are not known for silly business practices. as much as I wish the design team would get more creative with the kits I still think that the deal with Nike will run it's course and who knows maybe a few revisions will see it last even longer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
nike wouldn't b smart if they left united---reasons:
1]we have ronaldo ;)
2]we have won the premiership last season (an' maybe this season)
3]we r united

1 - 11 of 11 Posts