Manchester United Talk banner

Which Player Do You See Having The Most Productive Future With United?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...which isn't the case at the other top clubs, most notably Liverpool & Chelsea.

But we have always had a strong youth and academy set up with a few of the most notable players coming through being, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, the Nevilles, Butt, O'Shea, Brown amongst others. Despite a relativly low key scene of recent seasons, it looks like a new group of quality players will come up through the ranks.

Danny Welbeck
Spent quite a while at reserve level, but boy has he come on leaps and bounds. Made his first team debut earlier in the season, and I don't think anyone has seens such a memorable debut since a certain Wayne Rooney's, all be it in a comfortable League win when the game was already dead and buried. Not only in the League, but also in the Cup, firing goals against Southampton and Derby County. Danny's been putting himself in the hat for a more regular starting position making top draw players like, Rooney, Berbatov & Tevez just that little bit more wary of his young presence.

Johnny Evans
Some people say that if you have a settled defensive pair, and one is missing then all can fall apart, well this is simply not the case for us with the Northern Irishman in the ranks. Spent a while on loan at Sunderland which may have proven to be priceless as he has now had the chance to play in the Champions League away to Inter Milan and dealing with the likes of Adriano, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He's come in and played so wll earning him bags and bags of experience and confidence in his own ability. I think its safe to say that when Rio moves on, Johnny will slot in nicely.

Darron Gibson
My guess is that a portion of United fans will never have heard of his name before this season started, but Fergies shown faith in him by bringing him into the first team and he's done nothing wrong that I can remember. Plays a very simple game. Shot pass here and there, into space, goes long when he needs to and set tehball up right for him in a decent range, adn his right foot can unleash a stunning goal. His best asset is argueably his shooting from distance having a number of stunning goals for the reserves and even bagging for the first team too.

Ben Foster
Not sure about other everyone else, but for me anyways, Foster is ahead of Kuszczak for United. He will be teh future United and England number one. Like Evans above, he was on loan with a Premier League team in Watford where he was very impressive. He's also come in at times for United and put in a stunning performance, not to mention his latest performance at Wembley saving a penalty in the shoot-out of the Carling Cup Final. The lad has a sense of security about him. Comes and claims well for crosses adn corners, very good one on one, and has fantastic decision making. It does look like once Van Der Sar leaves United, we won't go 4+ years again looking for an able replacement as Foster will be ready to take the #1 shirt from the Dutchman.

A few more names to look out for in the future include;

Richard Eckersley
Matthew James
Cameron Stewart
Federico Macheda
Tom Cleverly
Nick Ajose

...all of whom are on the right path, so hopefuly they all push on to the next level

Who do you think of the current crop of youngsters will be the most productive? Will any seek a career away from Old Trafford?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jonny Evans.

I can't see him ever leaving, especially with Rio climbing in age. He's going to be one of the best in the world in the near near future.

Craig Cathcart will be pretty damn good in the future as well, imo. Can't forget about Welbeck,Foster and Macheda either.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jonny Evans.

I can't see him ever leaving, especially with Rio climbing in age. He's going to be one of the best in the world in the near near future.

Craig Cathcart will be pretty damn good in the future as well, imo. Can't forget about Welbeck,Foster and Macheda either.
Oh yea!! The curly head on him... :laugh: He's out on loan now....with..........erm...can't remember! :p

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Evans, without a doubt.

I honestly don't see Gibson or Possebon having much of a future here. They both look very average thus far.

Foster is what? 26? 27? Hardly young in the football world. By goalkeepers' standards I suppose he is though...

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Evans, without a doubt.

I honestly don't see Gibson or Possebon having much of a future here. They both look very average thus far.

Foster is what? 26? 27? Hardly young in the football world. By goalkeepers' standards I suppose he is though...
True, we sort of assume that seeing as Ben has been at United since
he was young and never broke into the first team that he's a youngster.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Evans.

Foster hasn't done enough to prove he can perform well on a consistent basis enough to be first choice stopper - obviously I reckon he will be as he has a lot of potential. Anyway he isn't a youngster.

Look who Welbeck has in front of him. Has a lot of work to do.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Evans.

Foster hasn't done enough to prove he can perform well on a consistent basis enough to be first choice stopper - obviously I reckon he will be as he has a lot of potential. Anyway he isn't a youngster.

Look who Welbeck has in front of him. Has a lot of work to do.

For a keeper he is

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Then again, remember that Evans gets games because
we only have 2 first team CBs, if we had 2 first team CMs
Rodrigo would definitely get much more games.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Then again, remember that Evans gets games because
we only have 2 first team CBs, if we had 2 first team CMs
Rodrigo would definitely get much more games.
The reason we only have "2 first team cb's" is because Evans is so good he is our 3rd man. Why would we waste time on other established names at the back when we can have Evans? Fergie knows that.

In midfield, it's a different story.

But we've seen countless number of times that Fergie shares Busby's view in that "if they are good enough, they are old enough", and he isn't afraid to move established names on. (Hughes, Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham, Ruud etc)

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The reason we only have "2 first team cb's" is because Evans is so good he is our 3rd man. Why would we waste time on other established names at the back when we can have Evans? Fergie knows that.

In midfield, it's a different story.

But we've seen countless number of times that Fergie shares Busby's view in that "if they are good enough, they are old enough", and he isn't afraid to move established names on. (Hughes, Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham, Ruud etc)
Not really, it's because they're not injury prone. If Hagreaves and Carrick
weren't injury prone Gibson, Anderson and Fletcher wouldn't get any games.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Jonny Evans is the most exciting youngster we have had in ages . But where is rafael and fabio in the options?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Not really, it's because they're not injury prone. If Hagreaves and Carrick
weren't injury prone Gibson, Anderson and Fletcher wouldn't get any games.
It doesn't matter whether they are injury prone or not.

Carrick isn't any more injury prone than anyone else in the squad. That's just bollocks. fair enough on OH.

Carrick was fit for the Chelsea game,but Fergie still played Fletcher. Fletcher is a good player and is very underrated still. He warrants his place in the team.

If Fergie thought Possebon/Gibson were good enough to be regular squad members then he will move the senior boys on - he's done it before he'll do it again. Why wouldn't he?

Every player needs cover. Evans is out best kid because he's considered a first team player, and is number one replacement for Vidic/Rio ahead of Neville, Brown and O'Shea.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts