Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-4-2 or 4-5-1? Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Giggs, Nani, Anderson, Park, Fletcher. Obvious someone from these 8 guys will must stay on the bench depending on the formation that SAF will play. SAF spend 50m on the three new signings and it's hard to believe that all of them will stay put. But with great last season for giggs and carrick SAF will have to make the best choice and that will be very hard.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think it depends on the game we are playing in. For home games in the league we dont have to be too defensive as opposed to tough european away games for example. Im sure SAF will try to rotate things a bit to keep everyone fresh and fighting on all four fronts. At present I would favour this kind of team: a 4-2-3-1 if you like. It looks like a fine team but obviously it depends on who we play. We also have an really top notch bench/squad for the first time in years. Hopefully Nani and Anderson dont take too long to adjust and can slot in for Giggsy and Scholes when they need a little break.

Rooney
Giggs/Nani Scholes/Anderson Ronaldo
Carrick Hargreaves
Evra Vidic Ferdinand Neville
VDS

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
1luv1utd said:
I think it will be more or less the same as last season. Nani and Anderson won't nail a spot in the team right away.
I have had a good look at Anderson - and of the two I can see him fitting in right away to be honest. He has the delicate trickery and skills of Ronaldo but when needed he has strength to run through people too - he will fit right in.

Nani will maybe take a bit of time tho - but when he is on song and firing on all cylinders he and Ronaldo are gonna do a lot of damage for sure

The way Fergie has bolstered up the midfield - he is looking at 4-5-1 .......

And why not - for Europe this will work perfectly and we HAVE to win the Champs League soon to shut the Bindippers of Liverpool up

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man Utd Line Up 2007/08 - 4-2-3-1

Rooney

Giggs/nani Scholes/anderson Ronaldo

Carrick Hargreaves

Evra Vidic Rio Neville

Van Der Sar/foster

What Do U Rekon Of That Carly? Reply Asap Wud Be Nice.lol!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think Anderson might fit it imediately because he's very difficult to contain and he's surprisingly strong on his feet and he will win us a lot of freekicks in dangerous positions which hargreaves i think is a very threatening freekick taker

·
Registered
185 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I have had a good look at Anderson - and of the two I can see him fitting in right away to be honest. He has the delicate trickery and skills of Ronaldo but when needed he has strength to run through people too - he will fit right in.

Nani will maybe take a bit of time tho - but when he is on song and firing on all cylinders he and Ronaldo are gonna do a lot of damage for sure

The way Fergie has bolstered up the midfield - he is looking at 4-5-1 .......

And why not - for Europe this will work perfectly and we HAVE to win the Champs League soon to shut the Bindippers of Liverpool up

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...!!!
Just like our players are the best around, its nice to see our female supporters are the fittest around too.. very nice
And makes some good points too! lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
SlipDigby1892 said:
Just like our players are the best around, its nice to see our female supporters are the fittest around too.. very nice
And makes some good points too! lol
Smooth...:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
I think the formation for next year will be a 4-5-1

Rooney

Giggs Nani Scholes Anderson Ronaldo

Evra Vidic Ferdinand Neville

Van der Sar

i think thats a strong sqaud but if united sign another striker that formation will go down the drain

·
Registered
8 Posts
1st choice team for next season so far. (Tevez hopefully be added soon)

GK Foster (when fit)
RB Neville
CB Vidic
CB Ferdinand
LB Evra (Evans)
RM Ronaldo
AM Scholes
CM Carrick
DM Hargraves
LM Giggs
ST Rooney

Though if we sign a striker it could be different. Giggs and Scholes will need to be well protected and for the 1st time in a few years we have qulity replacements ready in Nani and Anderson. its impossible to go through the whole season without picking up injuries but we do have good cover in all positions now except upfront! Johny Evans and Ben Foster should be involved in the 1st team squad this season!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I reckon Nani is more likely to start games than Anderson. Giggs is too old to be playing in every game and he looked knackered towards the end of last season, whereas Scholesy looks as good as ever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts