Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deja vu. :eek:

Manchester United and Chelsea in battle for Brondby's Nicolai Boilesen

Premier League title rivals Manchester United and Chelsea are once again set to go head to head over the potential signing of one of world football's most promising young players, Brondby's teenage defender Nicolai Boilesen.

Boilesen, 16, is scheduled to undergo trials at both Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge later this month, meaning the two rivals are in line for another tug-of-war over an up-and-coming youngster similar to their infamous battle for John Mikel Obi's services three years ago.

On that occasion it was the west London club who eventually emerged with the midfield player for a fee of £12 million, even though the Nigeria international had initially signed for Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

"United are my favourite club. But I am very proud that two such big clubs are watching me," said Boilesen, who skippered Denmark Under-21s to a 6-1 thrashing of their England counterparts last month.

"Whether it is in Denmark or abroad, only time will tell," he added. "For now, I am just coming to England to train with United and Chelsea."

Boilesen, known back in his homeland as 'the new Daniel Agger', is considered to be one of the best defenders in his age group on the Continent and has already attracted interest from some of Europe's top clubs, including Ligue 1 outfit Monaco.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2775831/Manchester-United-and-Chelsea-in-battle-for-Brondbys-Nicolai-Boilesen---Football.html

·
Registered
310 Posts
Him saying we are his favourite team is of course a good thing. But how much will Chelski offer him??
If he has a good head on his shoulders and looks at who hascome through for Chelsea in the last few years he will choose us.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Its very positive that he said we were his favourite club.

We must have a chance of signing him. And really, he'll get better coaching and more chances to play here if he is good enough.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
just wait and see. i still remember gareth bale and aaron ramsey. we cant guaranteed as much first team football, in a shorter period of time, even if you are up to the standard(rossi, pique, campbell? evans?)

still, we are more positive than chelsea

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Don't United have a feeder club link with Brondby? they'll surely want him to sign for United... if he has sense he'll come to us, otherwise his career will be over before it starts!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm impressed that he is captain of an under-21 side at the age of 16, must have a strong metality

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
ya must be something special to be captain at such a young age!hope he doesnt go to chelsea for our sake and for his they ruin players carears.FACT!! duff crespo sheva sidwell kezman etc etc

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Deja Vu again

Brondby star flattered by interest

Brondby starlet Nicolai Boilesen, who is on Chelsea and Manchester United's radar, is flattered by the number of clubs chasing his signature.

Premier League champions United and Chelsea have long been linked with the defender, while Inter Milan and Juventus are said to have entered the race.

United and Chelsea were thought to be close to signing Boilesen, who has also been linked with Ajax, last summer before opting to wait on a move.

The 17-year-old confesses he feels privileged to be rated by some of Europe's top clubs, but has not offered any hint regarding his long-term plans.

He told Ekstra Bladet: "I am flattered that all these clubs are interested."

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson last went head-to-head with Chelsea in the transfer market during the saga surrounding John Obi Mikel's arrival in England.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_5425991,00.html

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Very positive that we our his top team, hopefully Fergie pulls it off because the lad seems very highly rated...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts