Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i'm a bit thick i don't fully understand the question,

do you mean which brand as the best players on it's books?

which brand brings out the best gear?

or which brand pays the best?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
andycole9 said:
i'm a bit thick i don't fully understand the question,

do you mean which brand as the best players on it's books?

which brand brings out the best gear?

or which brand pays the best?
I thought he meant the first one, but answered which one I like too...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
The shoes dont represent the players :confused:
A better way to put it would be, which players are better for the brands they represent? Or something. I don't know. I've never thought about it lol

S

·
0 Posts
Neither. Both brands use child slave labour in Asian countries, paid in pennies a day, to make their products. If you saw or knew of the conditions that they have to work in you'd not be buying any of their products or want anyone else to use them.
No further comment from me.

S

·
0 Posts
Ajant said:
Alright, lets never buy a piece of Manchester United merchandise then eh? Ridiculous.
Not done that for years !! Sensible.

Alright, lets all support child slavery and buy Nike/Adidas merchandise eh ? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
178 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Neither. Both brands use child slave labour in Asian countries, paid in pennies a day, to make their products. If you saw or knew of the conditions that they have to work in you'd not be buying any of their products or want anyone else to use them.
No further comment from me.

Indeed agree with u there Sal. Adidas hurts less metatarsal.. hahaha

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
How do you 'support' a football team then? They 'support' child slavery it seems.

Can we buy Puma wear or does that offend the cats?

Anyway, I see your point, and obviously I am against child slavery, but I have to think realisitically here...a few people boycotting products isn't going to work. I don't buy many of these items anyway, but WHAT boots am i supposed to buy to play my football at a semi-decent standard?

S

·
0 Posts
Ajant said:
1...How do you 'support' a football team then? They 'support' child slavery it seems.

2 Can we buy Puma wear or does that offend the cats?

Anyway, I see your point, and obviously I am against child slavery, but I have to think realisitically here...3a few people boycotting products isn't going to work. I don't buy many of these items anyway, but 4 WHAT boots am i supposed to buy to play my football at a semi-decent standard?
1, You stand on the terraces singing your heart out and cheering.
2, Why feel the need to wear somethin with a " name" on it. ( to be a cat ? ).
3, The few that boycott turns into millions that boycott if enough open their eyes and begins to hit companies where it hurts.....profit. ( why do you think Vodafone pulled out of its contract with United ? Yep, cos thousands boycotted ).
4, The man/player makes the boots..not ....the boots make the man/player.
Think how many greats or legends wore specially designed footwear or clothing. How many even had a pair of boots or kit when they started ?

Anyway i do see your side of things but sorry mate i just dont buy into all this " i've got to have the latest name thing ".

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
1, You stand on the terraces singing your heart out and cheering.
2, Why feel the need to wear somethin with a " name" on it. ( to be a cat ? ).
3, The few that boycott turns into millions that boycott if enough open their eyes and begins to hit companies where it hurts.....profit. ( why do you think Vodafone pulled out of its contract with United ? Yep, cos thousands boycotted ).
4, The man/player makes the boots..not ....the boots make the man/player.
Think how many greats or legends wore specially designed footwear or clothing. How many even had a pair of boots or kit when they started ?

Anyway i do see your side of things but sorry mate i just dont buy into all this " i've got to have the latest name thing ".
Fair points. Except number 1. That didnt answer me?

But I don't need the latest name thing. What I am saying is, is it MOST of the major sporting brands that exploit child slavery? I do not think it's just Adidas and Nike? If so, okay, fair enough. I prefer Umbro boots over Nike anyway, and Adidas i feel the most comfortable in. It's nothing to do with the name. Honest.

S

·
0 Posts
Ajant said:
Fair points. Except number 1. That didnt answer me?

But I don't need the latest name thing. What I am saying is, is it MOST of the major sporting brands that exploit child slavery? I do not think it's just Adidas and Nike? If so, okay, fair enough. I prefer Umbro boots over Nike anyway, and Adidas i feel the most comfortable in. It's nothing to do with the name. Honest.
Sorry on point 1 was being tongue in the cheek, you asked how you support United ...i replied. ( with the obvious answer ).
If someone were to ask the players/team/club if they support child slavery/labour they would reply NO. The fact is 99% do not know ( or bother about ) the conditions that products are made. £100,000 a week makes people blind and not live in or see the real world.
If you or anyone want lists of companies that exploit child labour, or buisness dealings that exploit millions of people worldwide, just send a PM asking and i'll give hundreds of links to facts.
Or just google fairtrade and find things out for yourselfs and make your own opinions.
I respect and understand what you say mate, and never think myself beter than anyone because of my beliefs and principles.
Everyone has a choice but everyones choice affects the world and every person who lives in it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts