Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Zenit St. Petersburg Won't Sell Season Tickets To Women

The Russian heavyweights have wandered into yet another discrimination storm...

Zenit St. Petersburg have created controversy by announcing that they will no longer grant season tickets to women.

The remarkable development came about after a meeting of the club's fan council, who came to the conclusion that female patrons were distracting their fellow match-goers simply by turning up at the Petrovsky Stadium.

One male supporter was quoted as saying, "I can’t jump around and swear when members of the beautiful sex are next to me."

Zenit have reluctantly confirmed this change in policy, although they seem quite eager to sweep the whole affair under the rug.

"Young women were excluded, but not all of them," spokesperson Ruslan Dryuma said in the Russian newspaper Gorod 812.

"We have made the decision that we are not discussing this subject with the press."

Such an openly sexist stance will severly tarnish the reputation of a club who are, according to their official website, actively attempting to weed out the racism and discrimination that has plagued them for so long.

Zenit St. Petersburg Won't Sell Season Tickets To Women

·
23,699 Posts
One male supporter was quoted as saying, "I can’t jump around and swear when members of the beautiful sex are next to me."

So true. Who does not want to impress? :D

Zenit have reluctantly confirmed this change in policy, although they seem quite eager to sweep the whole affair under the rug.

"Young women were excluded, but not all of them," spokesperson Ruslan Dryuma said in the Russian newspaper Gorod 812.

Wonder who are the exceptional "young women"? :confused:.................:eek:

"We have made the decision that we are not discussing this subject with the press."

So typical. :rolleyes:
Ditto.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i obviously don't agree with it but if i may say this i live in wales and it used to be a great day out when wales played a rugby internationals in the 80's early 90's .
then a large influx of women started to get tickets and they could not even tell you the shape of a rugby ball or name a single player they just wore skin tight red clothes ,very nice to look at but the object of the day was to see the game and a hell of a lot of rugby followers cannot get tickets these days but you see thousands of women in the crowd.
this then progressed into the local pubs on match days ! before there used to be lots of men having a sing song and watching the game ,the few ladies would mostly be in the lounge having a chit chat , these days there are loads of women mostly young girls with their red clobber on they take control of the room sitting in front of everyone else talking about coranation street not watching the game some even have their kids following them in ,most of us old crowd now watch the game in the house drinking a couple of cans.
and why ! its because these young women have totally destroyed a wonderful day out and the worst part they don't give a toss about the sport ,loads of men say the same thing in the welsh valleys i am not having a go at women but these have ruined a welsh institution on match days when they have absolutely no interest in the egg chasers.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
they should be at home ironing their menfolks shirts or cooking the tea ---lazy bints !! good on the ruskies !!!!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Once their done in the kitchen, and finish the dishes, if they want to drive me to an event, and then pick me up so as to avoid my drunk driving and save on cab fair, then I guess I can handle that.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Well at least that'll be twice as many toilets available at half-time. :D

I'm obviously not au fait with Russian law but how can they legally ban women from buying season tickets when it's blatant sex discrimination?

·
Registered
200 Posts
OMG!! that would be ****** *********** ******** if it was brought in over here!!
what would i do?? i would be DEVESTATED!!

i shout, swear etc just like all the men!! i aint out to impress no one when at football LOL!!

tbh i would be gutted if it was the other way _ no men!
some women tend to scream!! that real high pitched one!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think uefa or fifa needs to do something about these idiots.
Sepp and Plantini are too busy trying to rid the world of the gross "injustice" of the "greedy" Premier League. No stone must be left unturned until La Liga and Serie A regain their rightful place as the most important leagues in Europe and the World!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Sepp and Plantini are too busy trying to rid the world of the gross "injustice" of the "greedy" Premier League. No stone must be left unturned until La Liga and Serie A regain their rightful place as the most important leagues in Europe and the World!
too true..while this sexism towards women is allowed to go on....if they did try it here it'd be a disaster,women are allowed to love footie too...whats it they say..oh yes........it's a man's world..:thumbsdownsmileyani

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
La Liga and Serie A will never be the most important leagues in Europe and the World.
Not while the Premiership is alive and kicking.

jd...NWAF ? :D know how you meant it mate. :thumbsup:
Know a couple of long standing female reds that would put
a lot of our support to shame, knowledge wise and seen it all, been there,
done it and probably wrote the book never mind read it.:laugh:

Anyway NGAF !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts