They certainly know this song

'Sailing'.........

Urawa Red Diamonds again......

The Great Escape....

Maybe the crazy Galatasaray......

l]

Or even crazier Fenerbahce !!!

Even Steaua Bucuresti......

Why can't United fans get a bit more passion ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
United have a nice big stadium, but the stadium might as well be empty when it comes to singing, seems such a waste of good lungs. Need to take a leaf out of the Liverpool and Newcastle books!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
cheers 4 startin this carly, ive been slated, deamonised and ridiculed on other forums for tryin to stir up even an ounce of passion amongst united supporters, old trafford is wasted if we cant make the most of it, 76000 people and it mite as well be 20000. Flags, scarfs, hats, chanting united united united, beatin a drum, clappin hands, anythin, aslong as its done together it would be shit hot, but no, the real supporters cant be seen on tv standing up and actually supporting next to such prawn sandwich eatin glory huntin tourists who dont even really support man united, can they, i cant even do that for my team

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Anderson's God said:
United have a nice big stadium, but the stadium might as well be empty when it comes to singing, seems such a waste of good lungs. Need to take a leaf out of the Liverpool and Newcastle books!!
on european nights and big games old trafford is rocking and is much louder than both anfield and st james park. i do agree that in the last few years OT has become a bit of a morgue. but that is due to high ticket prices (real fans off the street can't afford to go) and the expectation level now, if we don't score in the 1st ten mins people go quiet

liverpool and newcastle are not always loud they 2 have a somber crowd on many occasions anfield is only loud as they walk out to the theme of you'll never walk alone, against marseille the other night, and birminham the week before, you could of heard a pin drop at anfield when they was drawing 0-0

·
Registered
788 Posts
Barcelona fans with doubt, Was a the Nou Camp during the summer and OMG they were loud!! 110'000 People probably helps 2wards it but they were the loudest i have ever witnessed!

Celtic fans at an Old Firm would be a close 2nd for me, 1st time at an O.F the crowd was electric!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Northern Ireland Fans best in Europe & the Scotland fans are great aswell while England and Wales are not starters when it comes to singing. Club wise Pompy can get it rocking Rangers have a good support (Bar a few drunks).

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yeah but the main factor of this arguement is the fact that you look at them videos and ask yourself. which one of them clubs are english?
i mean you can say liverpool are loud but only on big nights. on sunday anfield was dead and pointless. your comparing are ground to different countries and cultures around the world.

but i wouldnt mind an improvement. maybe a song to come out to or some flags with a chant all around the ground but then you can only really relate to england with liverpool doing the scarf and the shitty song routine when they finally get some limelight.

anyway who needs scarfs when we got players like ronaldo, thats interesting enough for me :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Even Liverpool fans have been complaining about the atmosphere for league games at Anfield lately.

It's the same problem every big club faces - real fans being priced out and too many people there to be entertained rather than to support the team.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
cheers 4 startin this carly, ive been slated, deamonised and ridiculed on other forums for tryin to stir up even an ounce of passion amongst united supporters, old trafford is wasted if we cant make the most of it, 76000 people and it mite as well be 20000. Flags, scarfs, hats, chanting united united united, beatin a drum, clappin hands, anythin, aslong as its done together it would be shit hot, but no, the real supporters cant be seen on tv standing up and actually supporting next to such prawn sandwich eatin glory huntin tourists who dont even really support man united, can they, i cant even do that for my team
Good point and fair play to you Mullets. If everyone was like you OT would be the business.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Thomas G said:
Because the ground is full of ****ing foreigners, thats why.

You're taking the ****ing piss, right?

What do you expect with a fanbase as big as United's:rolleyes: Just because the ground is full of foreigners don't mean they don't know the chants, maybe you English fans should start the chants/songs and they will join.

As for the second point no I am not "taking the ****ing piss", we can learn something from them on how to show a bit more passion and make noise!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:

Another one who thinks foreigners are nobodies just taking up space for the craic and know nothing about Man Utd and are not real supports. Would you care to know how much United merchandise I have? Would you like me to write you a list because I don't think you quiet realize that foreigners do actually know something about football, football is not just an English game you know!!! Maybe all of us "foreigners" should get a quiz too - to test our knowledge see if we are fit to support United. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Anderson's God said:
[/B]

What do you expect with a fanbase as big as United's:rolleyes: Just because the ground is full of foreigners don't mean they don't know the chants, maybe you English fans should start the chants/songs and they will join.

As for the second point no I am not "taking the ****ing piss", we can learn something from them on how to show a bit more passion and make noise!

:rolleyes:
when he said foreigners i don't think he meant the irish

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ARBUCKS said:
Barcelona fans with doubt, Was a the Nou Camp during the summer and OMG they were loud!! 110'000 People probably helps 2wards it but they were the loudest i have ever witnessed!

Celtic fans at an Old Firm would be a close 2nd for me, 1st time at an O.F the crowd was electric!
with a capacity crowd of 90.000 that's some doing :rolleyes:

although it used to be 120.000 it's not anymore ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts