Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City

...and they're being tipped for the prem! LMAO! :p...

They were aweful TBH....Can't shoot for their lives! :p...

They had a goal disallowed in the 2nd minute but it wasn't for an offside or
anything like that, it was according to BBC, an indirect free-kick therefore it had to
have more then 1 touch and it didn't....it went dtraight into the net from the
free! :D

Robbie Keane is going to be sold from there soon...he's great for Ireland but
rubbish for Liverpool!

You Scouse *cough*...You Scouse *cough*...You Scouse *cough*...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I wouldnt even say Keane has been great for Ireland tbh, not for a long time anyway.
Great result for Stoke. Bit embarrassing really, cos we lost there last week.
The Scousers luck has finally run out.
Stoke defended well but Pool missed A LOT of chances, that even my nan
would have put away. Great stuff Stoke!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Liverpool Drew With Promoted Club Named Stoke

Just a week after beating Manchester United, following a woeful United display, an own goal and an accidental goal from Babel, Liverpool have drawn 0-0 at home to Stoke.

Before today, Stoke hadn’t managed a clean sheet in any of their previous games this season. They started the season with a defeat against Bolton and have since lost against Middlesbrough and Everton.

Despite the point they picked up today, Stoke are still in the relegation zone, with a -3 goal difference.

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City Half Time Update: Gerrard Made To Wait For 100th Goal
Submitted by Angel Fernandes on Sat, 2008-09-20 15:56. Stoke City, Liverpool Premiership Match Reports
Liverpool and Stoke City are currently locked in a goalless draw at half time at Anfield on Saturday after Steven Gerrard free-kick goal was disallowed.

The Reds, all out to collect full points from this encounter so as to strengthen their chances of claiming their first Premier League title, came into this game after victory over defending champions Manchester United.

Rafael Benitez's side buoyed by their 2-1 victory against United last weekend, started off the match brightly holding major possession of the match.

Skipper Gerrard saw his free-kick in the very first minute of the match being blocked by Mamady Sidibe.

A minute later, Gerrard almost fired in his 100th goal, however the goal disallowed after his freekick curled right into the rival nets only to see Dirk Kuyt being pulled up for being in an offside position, but the linesman's decision looked debatable.

Seeing the pressure that the Anfield side were putting Stoke too started to raise their level of the game where Dave Kitson saw his powerful shot from the edge of the box just fly over the horizontal bar.

Liverpool’s new signing Robbie Keane who is yet to score for his new club was given an opportunity to open his account after being neatly set up by Kuyt however he fumbled on reaching the danger zone and shot into the waiting hands of keeper Thomas Sorensen.

Stoke failed to create any much scoring chances however they did well in restricting the Reds goal scoring opportunities creating a lot of frustration amongst Rafael Benitez’s players.

However as the match progressed the home side got more and more vicious in their attacks spearheaded by the hardworking Steven Gerrard.

Stoke team: Sorensen, Griffin, Abdoulaye Faye, Sonko, Higginbotham,Lawrence, Olofinjana, Diao, Delap, Kitson, Sidibe.

Liverpool team: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Dossena, Kuyt,Gerrard, Alonso, Riera, Keane, Torres.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Liverpool (Title Contenders) mess it up again

Made my weekend with this scoreline. Dont care what happens at the Bridge (i do really!!!) but this will hopefully shut up the daft scousers who were discussing a 19th title cos they beat us.

Beating champions dont make u champions. Not beating Stoke at home certainly dont make u champions.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Made my weekend with this scoreline. Dont care what happens at the Bridge (i do really!!!) but this will hopefully shut up the daft scousers who were discussing a 19th title cos they beat us.

Beating champions dont make u champions. Not beating Stoke at home certainly dont make u champions.
the only 19th they will be celebrating this year is 19 years without a title !!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I saw the first half and apart from the disallowed goal, Liverpool rarely looked like they could fashion a goal.

All credit to Stoke, who really play with a lot more confidence and belief than derby did last season.

It makes you wonder how the games last week would have turned out, if it had not been for van der Sar's gaffe.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
When you are a Man Utd fans I think automatically you become an anti-scumpool fan. Stock did really well and I'm always happy when I see scumpool losing point. lol :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Typical Liverpool.

1 good result in September and this is 'their year'. At least this season it was beating the English and European champions.

Last year it was beating Derby 6-0 :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts