Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this article on Goal.com, and one guy said that Argentinians and Italians don't like to play in the Premiership because its not "a creative players league". To an extent I would disgaree, lookin at the likes of Berbatov, Flopregas and Scholesy...However do you see any truth in that statement ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree to a certain extent. Players like Messi or Archavin would struggle in this league as it is simply to hard. In countries like Spain and Italy there is often a lot more space between the midfield and the defence. In England there is very little.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
truly great players can see things more quickly . the prem is played at fierce pace and some like to dwell and think about the pass . messi would be a sensation for the prem as he has it all . when barca last played us he ripped us to bits

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I could play in midfield in italy its that slow look at veron he looked like a genius over there but yes they can but they have to be really good.

·
Registered
542 Posts
maby but premirship is changing to a more attractive side of football.. arsenal use to be reckless now they pass and try to keep the ball, same with spurs, were playin some good football as for creative players.. of course their are some creative players in the league but teams like fulham, wigan, shef do lack that bit of style of attack branded football, more like long balls set peices you name it.

i hate it when english are arrogant now about how our league is soooooooo strong and were the best ect... keep modest aspects and you will gain respect.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hezzy said:
I agree to a certain extent. Players like Messi or Archavin would struggle in this league as it is simply to hard. In countries like Spain and Italy there is often a lot more space between the midfield and the defence. In England there is very little.

I disagree.

I think there's much less space between midfield and defence in Italy than England....... For that reason, techical players have advantage in Serie A.
On the contrary, where there are more free spaces, athletic players are to be preferred. And so is it in Premier League.

What you dislike about Serie A (huge tactics and slow rythm) I may dislike too, but it's the same thing that has made all the legends of modern football history: Platini, Maradona, Van Basten, Baggio, Del Piero, Zidane.
All of them made their career based on technic, something probably impossible in Premier League..... They're kind of players that represent the football in itself, without anything else. Other players may be very strong or powerful, but don't represents the football. Between them I'd put Kakà and Fat Ronaldo and C.Ronaldo.

Anyway, discours about spaces at part, in the original post there's something true.
I think it's question of tradtion....... moreover: a question of latitude. Warmer places make legs more nimble, something necessary for all the tricks with the ball

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think there's creativity in every league. The thing is, the teams that are the most creative are predominately non-English, but then again, only like 35% of the league is English.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts