Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the beginning of the match and i didnt see them on our starting 11 i got worried.. whose going to come back REGULARLY.. we always need one of them (i say)

what do you lots think about this

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
i think hargreaves should play alongside anderson with scholesy as their replacement...and carrick should be used too...but not before anderson or hargo....or scholesy

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I thought Carrick would start against Man City. He wasn't involved in the mid-week internationals and I always think it's good to have at least 1 defensive midfield player in big games.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think SAF was influenced by the pressure on him to put on a performance. In my opinion this is the reason we had no defensive midfielder because his plan was to go all out attack. This meant we had no adequate cover in front of the back four because Scholes and Anderson are essentially both attacking midfielders. Then the stupid decision to bring both Carrick AND Hargreaves on topped off a bad day of decisions for SAF. Bringing those two players on is what you want to do when you are suring up the defence and protecting a lead, NOT when you are behind and need two goals to win. Fair enough Carrick got a goal, but I think even SAF would be surprised at that.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
yangch0000 said:
too late, focus on next match, carrick and anderson against arsenal, but i think most ppl would prefer hargreaves
Carrick and Scholes surely.

Carrick is a completly different player when Scholesy is about. They know each other inside out and Scholes can play his own game without worrying about defending.

The ginger prince cannot tackle!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Scholes must start against Arsenal. For me, the only decision is who plays alongside him - Carrick or Hargreaves.

The Scholes/Carrick partnership won us the Premiership last season but I think Hargreaves would do a great job of keeping Fabregas quiet. It's a tough decision.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
reddwarf said:
Scholes must start against Arsenal. For me, the only decision is who plays alongside him - Carrick or Hargreaves.

The Scholes/Carrick partnership won us the Premiership last season but I think Hargreaves would do a great job of keeping Fabregas quiet. It's a tough decision.
Exactly.
I hope Hargreaves starts alongside him.
We need someone in the middle to destruct all of Arsenal's forward play.
Hargo is the man for the job. Arsenal are excellent going forward so we need him helping out the defence.
At least it will give Scholes the chance to pull the strings in the middle of the park.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Exactly.
I hope Hargreaves starts alongside him.
We need someone in the middle to destruct all of Arsenal's forward play.
Hargo is the man for the job. Arsenal are excellent going forward so we need him helping out the defence.
At least it will give Scholes the chance to pull the strings in the middle of the park.
reddwarf said:
Scholes must start against Arsenal.

I disagree. Scholes has looked off the pace recently imo (yes i know it was only a couple a weeks ago that he came back from injury), whereas Anderson has been performing very well for us.

Im not saying Scholes isn't good enough anymore, because he IS. When he's 100% fit and on-form id go with him over Anderson. I just think for a big game like this, against a team that likes to play quick, counter atacking football, we need two CM's that will be able to keep with it over the 90 minutes. Anderson will do that better than Scholes at the moment.

So id go with Anderson without a doubt. Him and Hargreaves were immense at the Emirates when we played there earlier in the season. (as this partnership has been in most games, but especialy at the Emirates & Anfield, very tough places to go)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
I disagree. Scholes has looked off the pace recently imo (yes i know it was only a couple a weeks ago that he came back from injury), whereas Anderson has been performing very well for us.

Im not saying Scholes isn't good enough anymore, because he IS. When he's 100% fit and on-form id go with him over Anderson. I just think for a big game like this, against a team that likes to play quick, counter atacking football, we need two CM's that will be able to keep with it over the 90 minutes. Anderson will do that better than Scholes at the moment.

So id go with Anderson without a doubt. Him and Hargreaves were immense at the Emirates when we played there earlier in the season. (as this partnership has been in most games, but especialy at the Emirates & Anfield, very tough places to go)

I must say, you make a good case indeed.
Scholes has been below par for JUST 2 games.
Its games like this where he will be essential.
He can pull it out of the bag for this one.
I say start Scholes and hargo and if its not working out put on Anderson with 20/30 mins to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts