Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Milan could be set to make a summer transfer bid for Manchester United full back Patrice Evra, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Evra has established himself into one of the best left backs in Europe since joining the Premiership champions from Monaco in January 2006.

However the Frenchman's contract at Old Trafford runs out next year, and talks over a new deal have not gone well.

Man Utd are said to be considering selling Evra this summer, rather than risk losing him on a Bosman transfer in 2009.

The Gazzetta says that Inter may look to take advantage of this situation, as they are looking for an alternative to current left back Maxwell.

The Brazilian has featured more than any other Nerazzurri defender this term, and has played 28 out of the 34 Serie matches.

Inter are hoping that Evra will allow Maxwell to both have a breather, and to push up into left midfield where he has also impressed on occasions.

The San Siro giants are not the only Italian club linked with the 26-year-old, as Juventus are also considering a move.

Luca Capofranco
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=672295

- Does anybody else think that too many clubs are linked to Evra and that his wage demands could really signal a summer exit?
If we do sign Lahm, maybe it's not so he can play as a right back, but as a left back to replace Evra.

How's this line up:

Rooney Tevez

Nani Anderson Carrick Ronaldo

Lahm ferdinand Vidic Hargreaves

van der Sar​

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
We'll see what we see in regards to Evra. Thus far he's only dropped one very small hint saying that he "might" consider moving if he can't get a new contract. Personally I think the ball is firmly in United's court. It's up to the club to make Evra an offer. Look if Evra does leave, unlikely as it seems, I would be more than happy to see Phillip Lahm arriving as a replacement.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
why would evra want to leave us..he is one of the best left backs in europe and he is is one of the ebst teams in europe....if he wants to leave i will be very sad because we made him a great footballer and then he leaves us......
hopefully he will undertsand that he is in the perfect team and he doesnt have to leave
why would he want ot leave to a club who doesnt do well in europe......good team in domestic league but not in europe....
and seems that he will play a sub kind of role too...with maxwell and evra in left.....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i'd hate to see him leave, can see him leaving got a good relationship with the crowd ... however i wouldnt mind getting lahm aswell :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
ain't gonna happen....just can't see Evra playing for Inter....Man Utd is gonna improve his contract and he'll stay where he's happy...here at Man Utd

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Since his arrival, Evra has improved greatly in terms of defensive-wise this season and has arguably been our best/most consistent player in 2008. I wouldn't want to see him leave United as he's the best performing left back in England right now.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
when he first came i would have gladly given him away...but after the summer he was a completely new player....great attacking instincts...great crossing ability..
he just needed time to improve...and he has done so......hopefully he will stay...hope he knows he is important for us....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts