Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nutter Nani is fined £60k

NANI will be hit with a £60,000 fine after turning nutty against West Ham.

The Portuguese star was sent off at Old Trafford on Saturday for a first-half head-butt on Lucas Neill.

United boss Alex Ferguson was clearly fuming with his player afterwards, despite the Reds' 4-1 win.

Now he will be hit with a fine of two weeks' wages for the straight red card.

Ferguson said: “The game was marred by the immaturity of Nani.

“He bought the challenge from their player and retaliated. He will learn from that.

“I don't think the referee had any option. It was the linesman's say-so anyway. The linesman saw it clearly.

“Nani has retaliated and will now miss the Wigan game and the first two of next season. We will deal with it.â€

United still dominated, despite the sending off, and now just need to win their final game of the season at the JJB Stadium to be sure of the title.

Link

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The money lost for him isnt as bad as the ripping he took from fergie!lol
The kid has got to learn to try to get some contact later on, not while the camera is on you!lol

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Delighted to see this!

Maybe now he'll learn from his errors!

he can certinaly rule himself out of the Champions League Final now! :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
tbh Keano, I don't think he will play in the CL final anyway.

But he deserves it. He will learn from it.

But hes certainly not the finished article, as his performances show. (I'm sure most of you have seen some of my posts on Nani ;))

Ronaldo has certainly learned from his moment of madness at Pompey (although imo their wasn't much in it) as Neill attempted the sdame thing on him but he didn't react to it.

·
Banned
836 Posts
You've still got to remember though, he's still only a kid and Lucas Neill should have been the one to have been sent off after aggrovating him.

Did you see the way Neill fell down to the floor like a little pussy, just so that Nani would get punished? If I was a hard Premier League footballer, getting nutted in the face wouldn't hurt, and I would just nut them back.

I have been playing in football matches myself, not at the same level ofcourse but I've been aggrovated by some people and I haven't just sat back and taken it, so good on Nani for defending himself.

Football has become too soft and this would not happen in rugby.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Stop calling people fools for having an opinion :rolleyes:

Nani deserved it, plain and simple. Hopefully he will learn and not do it again.
lol.

Maybe he should talk proper English too :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
1 and a 1/2 weeks wages maybe?
And a 3 match ban that will run into next season im sure he will of learnt lets just forgive and forget now.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
ManUtd08 said:
oi no he dont shut ur mouth fool
Listen! your next ban is a 7 day one. I told you only a couple of days ago about insulting people who have an opinion. If you do this once more I shall certainly invoke the next stage, 7 days. Its up to you but I recommend you pick up your dummy and go and sulk, quietly.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Nani says sorry for red card
Nani has apologised for getting himself needlessly sent off against West Ham in the Reds' 4-1 victory at the weekend.
provoked Nani, but the United starlet was correctly dismissed for reacting by going head-to-head with the Hammers defender.

Sir Alex Ferguson described Nani's actions as "immature", especially considering that, at this stage of the season, United could have done without playing half a game with only ten men.

In the end it made no difference to the overall outcome of the game, but 21-year-old Nani has since recognised his misdemeanour and is clearly contrite.

"I recognise my action was a thoughtless one," he said. "But I also have to say I was provoked and attacked.

"I regret what I did and want to publicly ask for forgiveness."

ManUtd.com

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Being fined 2 weeks wages is pretty standard these days for violent conduct. He headbutted an opponent - the club had to punish him.

He'll learn from this mistake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts