Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really curious about you're support of the national team, you guys don't seem to give a damn about you're home country and us Irish put you to shame. Even on International match day there aint much talk from you guys, i find the English match day thread filled with non English.

I just want to know whats the deal? where is you're passion?
Are you too spoilt with Man Utd that you don't have time for England and all the crappy cities like Grimsby for example have nothing to shout for with their clubs so the shout for their country.

I just think its odd because every Irish man is proud of their national side but i can't say the same about you English.

Will you even respond to this thread???? who knows.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I'm really curious about you're support of the national team, you guys don't seem to give a damn about you're home country and us Irish put you to shame. Even on International match day there aint much talk from you guys, i find the English match day thread filled with non English.

Are you too spoilt with Man Utd that you don't have time for England and all the crappy cities like Grimsby for example have nothing to shout for with their clubs so the shout for their country.

I just think its odd because every Irish man is proud of their national side but i can't say the same about you English.

oooooooooooooooooooh vava...you cheeky git..English and proud i am..:mf_tongue:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
when there is a tournament we are all keen on the national side , but we do not gush over friendlies or qualifiers

only time you ever did any good was when an englishman ran side and most your players were non irish .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts

You do raise some valid points and Ive often questioned/wondered that myself.
My guess is that too many players they spend hating most weeks (Gerrard, Lampard, Terry etc...) are representing the national team so they find it hard to support them.

Maybe the fact Wembley is in London has something to do with it as well? Northerners are very different to their Southern counterparts.....

but you are right about one thing Vava, us Irish put them all to shame :first:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
England fans are only talking if there's something to complain about. Fact is, we loved laying into McClaren and Sven, as it was just fun. Now that Capello's in charge, everthing's a bit boring.

Another reason might be that we don't want to make our fellow home-nations feel bad, so instead, we celebrate our nation's greatness quietly.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
You do raise some valid points and Ive often questioned/wondered that myself.
My guess is that too many players they spend hating most weeks (Gerrard, Lampard, Terry etc...) are representing the national team so they find it hard to support them.

Maybe the fact Wembley is in London has something to do with it as well? Northerners are very different to their Southern counterparts.....

but you are right about one thing Vava, us Irish put them all to shame :first:

northern and southern england...still one england jazzy.....:mf_tongue:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I couldn't be an England fan and a United fan.

I'm a huge patriot, but I would not be able to support a country whose fans sing songs about wanting my club's right midfielder's kids to die of cancer.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Alot of United English fans respect United more. Couldn't blame them with the hooliganism being very evident in english travelling abroad.
pfft. Thats mainly in the past now and its a poor excuse not to support your country. Plenty of 'hooligan' type behaviour still goes on at a lot of clubs, especially away fans :D

England fans are only talking if there's something to complain about. Fact is, we loved laying into McClaren and Sven, as it was just fun. Now that Capello's in charge, everthing's a bit boring.
Boring? Thats such a lame excuse. Its still football, its still your country. You should take more pride/interest in them.

Another reason might be that we don't want to make our fellow home-nations feel bad, so instead, we celebrate our nation's greatness quietly.
What a load of tosh lol. England always go WAY Ott in celebrating victories. You still hear about 66. Look at the rugby and cricket as well. ffs that went on for a whole year :rolleyes:
Tennis with Henmania and your blatant claiming of a Scot in Murray as one of your own.

yeah whatever Hags. Look... Cascarino's granny had a neighbour with an irish cat, so he was well eligible to play OK??? :whistling:

northern and southern england...still one england jazzy.....:mf_tongue:
I know yeah. I wasnt 'dissing' you in any way. From what I know and have heard there is a difference. If the national stadium was up North Im sure the atmosphere would be A LOT better, just like when a lot of the games were played at OT.

A draw would do :thumbsup:
:eek: How could you not want Malta to win?? thats shocking roxi tut tut

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
:eek: How could you not want Malta to win?? unless of course you have some English in you?
If it was a friendly at Malta, a draw would do.
If it was an away match, i would want Malta to win.

And if it was for the World Cup qualifiers, i would want Malta to win too.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts