Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right...

I'll try to make this short.

There are way too many members singling out certain players and making them scapegoats. Yes, players like nani can be very frustrating, but he's not ALWAYS **** poor and not always the reason what went wrong in a match and yet he always seems to become targeted for some stinging criticism.

The flip-side of the coin applies to players like Paul Scholes.

Some people here find it really hard to simply say that he had a **** match.

Yes, he is already a legend, but even legends have bad games and why should he be shielded from honest assessment while others get absolutely battered for an average performance?

I am hereby pleading for more correctness in people's assessments of players and their performances in matches.

It's all about the realness, people.

p.s. Even I can admit when Darren Fletcher's had a decent game. :)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
thank you RFR this was just what i was saying yesterday....

if anyone looks back at my posts they will see that i dont rate nani that hightly BUT he is a united player and i shall continue to support him untill he isnt

it just angered me last night cause a few people were saying that nani was the reason we were losing/lost

lets get one thing right he wasnt, he was atleast giving 100% which is something that cant be said from other players

people praise parks effort well for me last nite nani gave just as much effort as park although there is sadly no end product of nani yet were as park happens to have some so his praises get sung... and rightly so

i just dont think its fair we purely blame nani or players like fletcher cause there easy targets, we have to look at a team performance as a whole and blame them noone was clicking last night .. gibson, anderson, scholes, eveans, welbeck, tevez sadly all had weak games

lets rally together and stick by our players after all we dont wanna be like arsenal and boo our players do we?

·
Registered
734 Posts
True. Nani has been getting an awfull bashing lately even taking the heat off Ronaldo which is saying a lot :D but Nani i think gets slated because you can see the lad has loads of potential its just lately it isn't clicking for him and it frustrates people. everyone knew he wasn't the worst player yesterday its just he got slated for it i hope this stops by him putting in a string of good performances then everyone will all be praising him together :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
wathced it last night and was dissappointed in hell at the performance, not the result, we could have played like heroes and still lost-happens in the cup, but as a whole we wern't up to it and it's not the fault at all of the young players who took the pitch last night.

there's a second leg to come, everything to play for and if we don't make the final then we will look complete muppets. just put yesterday down to a bad day, one of those things and work on the negative stuff. that is sure as hell what the coaching staff will be doing over the next few days.

sometimes big teams get humbled, sometimes big teams need to be humbled, it makes them learn from their mistakes and improve both individually and collectively

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Don't get mad at me for saying this... :p I think a lot of people on this forum have been very unfair to Nani.

I mean, yes, he can be selfish. Frankly, though, he's scored some stunners, & given us some entertainment.

At the end of the day football's a game & Nani has given me more than a few reasons to smile.

Whether it's keeping the ball in the air to annoy Clichy or trying the ridiculous shot from 30 yards.

He's not Ronaldo but I don't think he deserves all the stick he's been getting around here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a difference between undelivered promise and a crap player. I think if we are getting frustrated because someone like Nani has more potential than Park, Fletcher and O'Shea put together yet doesn't deliver regularly.

Lets give the boy time. He will be a good consistent player one day, sadly I feel it may be in La Liga....imo

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
His slating over the last two games have been sad, and these people call themselfs United fans, they havn't a clue if you ask me.
He was one of our best players Vs Southamton and people got on his back, their was a number of players alot worse than him last night but people were calling him our worst player, at least he tried to create chances!

This constant needless bashing of players is SAD, if you don't like a player then please don't post about that player, your only making yourself look stupid........ no names mentioned!!!;)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
The crazy thing is no one has worked harder than Nani in both games he may sometimes make the wrong choice but if you look at who cover's the most ground I bet he was well up there .

Nani is no Ronaldo or Messi but people need to realise hammering him will only make matters worse .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seriously lads Nani would have to be consistently good for people to stop slating him. He has potential we all know that but he never seems to do much with it. You cant expect United fans, true United fans to watch some of his performances and continually give him a break. This is a forum where we should all be able to say what we feel about each player without others having a hissy fit.

Who knows, with a good run in the team Nani could come good and we'll all be on here saying how much he's improved but until then don't try to censor comments just because we have different opinions on players. I mean, what are we gonna do, put a 'Please DO NOT Post about how bad Nani has played' rule on the site.

I guess what you're asking for RedForceRising is that if were gonna slate someone, don't spare his teammates because they're a legend (eg Nani and Scholes last night). Thats grand so, last night Scholesy had a very poor game, Nani saw a lot more of the ball but failed to do much with it as usual in my opinion.

I, like every other United fan hope Nani finds his feet, until then all were doing on here is talking about United players the way we would with our mates in the pub or whatever, some will agree and some will disagree. Surely we shouldn't stop that??

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
germufc said:
Seriously lads Nani would have to be consistently good for people to stop slating him. He has potential we all know that but he never seems to do much with it. You cant expect United fans, true United fans to watch some of his performances and continually give him a break. This is a forum where we should all be able to say what we feel about each player without others having a hissy fit.

Who knows, with a good run in the team Nani could come good and we'll all be on here saying how much he's improved but until then don't try to censor comments just because we have different opinions on players. I mean, what are we gonna do, put a 'Please DO NOT Post about how bad Nani has played' rule on the site.

I guess what you're asking for RedForceRising is that if were gonna slate someone, don't spare his teammates because they're a legend (eg Nani and Scholes last night). Thats grand so, last night Scholesy had a very poor game, Nani saw a lot more of the ball but failed to do much with it as usual in my opinion.

I, like every other United fan hope Nani finds his feet, until then all were doing on here is talking about United players the way we would with our mates in the pub or whatever, some will agree and some will disagree. Surely we shouldn't stop that??
RFR was not sayin dont comment on nani's performance cause its a view that people are aloud to have all he is trying to say is cause nani hasnt been what we expect from him people seem to blame him for everything and that was clear last night

im not really a nani fan hes failed to impress me but i dont think he should be blamed for everything like he seemed to be last night

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I have to agree that if people blame Nani for how bad we played last night then that's wrong. He wasn't good but neither were a few of the players. One player shouldn't be blamed for a loss like that.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
germufc said:
Well I have to agree that if people blame Nani for how bad we played last night then that's wrong. He wasn't good but neither were a few of the players. One player shouldn't be blamed for a loss like that.
totally agree with you there mate thats clearly what me and RFR were trying to say

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
red dave said:
The crazy thing is no one has worked harder than Nani in both games he may sometimes make the wrong choice but if you look at who cover's the most ground I bet he was well up there .

Nani is no Ronaldo or Messi but people need to realise hammering him will only make matters worse .

nani runs around like an headless chicken the problem is that football needs intelligent players {cantona ,sheringham etc} who control the ball can deliver a pass and always finds space .nani just runs into trouble most of the time and lose's utd loads of possesion , the boy is just a show pony .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I am hereby pleading for more correctness in people's assessments of players and their performances in matches.

I always call it how I see it. Its a forum ffs, so if Nani (for example) had a sh1t
game then Ill say so, just like I would say if Scholesy did. I gave them both a
rating of 5 cos they were both crap. I think some people get p1ssed off at the
criticism he gets, but they need to deal with it,cos its gonna happen.
If you debate rather than throw insults around then its all good :)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I always call it how I see it. Its a forum ffs, so if Nani (for example) had a sh1t
game then Ill say so, just like I would say if Scholesy did. I gave them both a
rating of 5 cos they were both crap. I think some people get p1ssed off at the
criticism he gets, but they need to deal with it,cos its gonna happen.
If you debate rather than throw insults around then its all good :)
BUT JAZZ I DONT THINK YOU KNOW HE PLAYED REALLY GOOD AGAINST ARSENAL AND HE DOES STEPOVERS AND KICKS THE BALL AT THE GOAL FROM REALLY FAR AWAY!!!!:D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
sweet fa said:
nani runs around like an headless chicken the problem is that football needs intelligent players {cantona ,sheringham etc} who control the ball can deliver a pass and always finds space .nani just runs into trouble most of the time and lose's utd loads of possesion , the boy is just a show pony .

That rubbish Berbatov , Rooney , Teves and Ronaldo supply the intelligent part of our game we cant have a team of players like that as all you get is the same stuff off everyone .

My god I am not Nani's biggest fan for gods sake but that wasnt my point mine was you can have your opinion but why out of 11 players did everyone attack Nani .

Scholes
Anderson
Kuszczak
Rafael
Teves

All had a far worse game than Nani last night and yes before you say it Scholes deserves credit for past greatness but the rest didnt get the headless chicken crap .

It was a witch hunt there were are members only intrested in slagging off and I dont like it .

I sit next to the biggest Fletcher slagger Ive ever met when I get my share of the season tickets I use I bite my lip let him say what he wants but everyone hates the guy .

Everyone is allowed to moan about players but like you have your opinion I have mine and Nani isnt as bad as some narrow minded fans think he is .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
germufc said:
.... I mean, what are we gonna do, put a 'Please DO NOT Post about how bad Nani has played' rule on the site.

I'm actually asking for more realistic opinions based on what actually happened.

Some people would have you believe he was the absolute worst player on the pitch, will NEVER be united quality AND was the reason the whole team was poor, but I think that's quite an unrealistic reaction to what happened.

I think tevez, Anderson and Scholes were far worse than Nani, but people do not focus on Anderson, tevez or Scholes. No, no...they focus on Nani. Why do Anderson, tevez and Scholes get away with a poor performance and nani gets absolutely murdered?

Yes, he has been disappointing, but in the last two games, he has been putting in a decent shift, but still he was the worst, he is ALWAYS this, ALWAYS that...

When it isn't even true. it's like people are not really watching the game or that their perception of his actions are tainted by bias / pre-conceived notions.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I'm actually asking for more realistic opinions based on what actually happened.

Some people would have you believe he was the absolute worst player on the pitch, will NEVER be united quality AND was the reason the whole team was poor, but I think that's quite an unrealistic reaction to what happened.

I think tevez, Anderson and Scholes were far worse than Nani, but people do not focus on Anderson, tevez or Scholes. No, no...they focus on Nani. Why do Anderson, tevez and Scholes get away with a poor performance and nani gets absolutely murdered?

Yes, he has been disappointing, but in the last two games, he has been putting in a decent shift, but still he was the worst, he is ALWAYS this, ALWAYS that...

When it isn't even true. it's like people are not really watching the game or that their perception of his actions are tainted by bias / pre-conceived notions.

Lol!!

You copied my post and put it into your own words read them both there the same but different wording .;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts