Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
This was expected to happen. I must admit he's quality manager and he can do some great things at chelski if he adapts there and I think he will :(

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Seen a press interview with him yesterday and he spoke like a man that just had the job, i wasn't suprised to hear this. I hope it doesn't work out for the man.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
like i said its a win win situation if he fails he's got loads of cash and can just claim to be the caretaker, if he succeeds he probably has the job full time........nice work if you can get it eh??????

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
no surprise at all. and as well i don't care. we aren't playing chelski anymore. and i'm not worried for the premiership. they aren't a menice to us anymore. it will be interesting who will become their manager in the summer

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Lets hope the hype turns out like the Scolari fiasco

When he joined the ~Russians, everyone was like oMG he's a brilliant manager, and look how taht turned out !

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Like i said in the other thread about hiddink, i think this will hamper chelsea some what i know that he's managed PSV and australia at the same time before but this is chelski and russia which are two much better sides than what he has previously managed before. I can honestly see chelski getting 4th spot and villa 3rd well i hope so anyway as martin o'niell is a quality manager and what he's done at villa is quite simply brilliant and based around english players too unlike chelski. I think they should have tried to get in rijkard (sp) or mancini.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think he will be a sucess at Chelsea but I still can't see them mounting a real challange to us this season.

I do believe that the Chelsea squad is a class below Us and Liverpool. Lampard, Terry and Cech being the only 3 real class acts. Malouda, Di Santo's etc are not worthy players competing for the top spots and for sure Hiddink will have his work cut out for him.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rooneyNo10 said:
i know that he's managed PSV and australia at the same time... but this is chelski and russia which are two much better sides
I know you speak the truth but... *A solitary tear runs down my cheek as I reconcile myself to the fact that Australia aren't that great*

Hiddink will do well. He's more special than Mourinho if you ask me. Not as chrasmatic or good looking though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hopefully he's just there until the end of the season and doesn't get the job full-time.

He's a quality manager and definitely one of the best around. He can't really do much now I wouldn't think, with the transfer window closed. But if he gets the job full-time and if he's given time and money to make things the way he wants them then they will be a bit challenge to us.

·
Registered
50 Posts
manutd004 said:
Hopefully he's just there until the end of the season and doesn't get the job full-time.

He's a quality manager and definitely one of the best around. He can't really do much now I wouldn't think, with the transfer window closed. But if he gets the job full-time and if he's given time and money to make things the way he wants them then they will be a bit challenge to us.

Too true - the last thing we want is for Chelsea players to get their self-belief and cohesion back. For next season (if that happens) I think they'll be a bigger threat than Pool, so let's have a bit of loss of fitness, and lashings of dressing room unrest please. Unfortunately, GH has a rep for boosting morale and healing rifts. ******* :D

Oh - didn't realise that referring to illegitamancy would be censored. Ok if I run a little test there to see what else is??

Fecker
Arse
WUM
Dickhead
Asshole

What other permissable insults am I missing, help me out here...

·
23,699 Posts
skysports

Hiddink unlikely to stay on

Dutchman has obligations to Russia....

New Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink has admitted it is unlikely he will stay at the club on a permanent basis.

Hiddink has joined the club on a short-term deal until the end of the season following the sacking of Luiz Felipe Scolari earlier this week.

The Dutchman will combine his role as Chelsea boss with his job as Russia manager and he concedes it will be difficult to combine both roles beyond the summer.

"What happens after May is rather clear, because it's rather difficult to do the two jobs," said Hiddink.

"I have my obligations also in Russia," he added, noting that the demands of the Premier League mean that it would be impossible to combine the two jobs.

"It's rather difficult to do that because the Premier League is really challenging.

"We can do it now because we have just one or two games until June with the national team of Russia, that's why we said OK. We can do it now and we can do it full-hearted and fully committed."

Success

However, Chelsea captain John Terry is hoping Hiddink could be persuaded to stay in West London if he enjoys success during his stint at the club.

"We have four months to turn things around and if we do he will probably get offered the full-time job," said Terry.

"It is down to us to put in the performances and get results for him and then hopefully something can be done in the summer."

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to Hiddink Chelsea have some talented individual but they're "no team".

Fair enough. How can you have a team when there are that many egos? :p

·
Registered
601 Posts
man utd and liverpool will find it difficult, chelsea will be a better team with hiddink, hiddink doesnt rely on world class players, he is a tactical genius also and has proven it many times. im glad we have already played chelsea, liverpool will finally be beat by chelsea this season and it will be chelsea and man utd to fight for the title again if untd and touch wood utd carry on winning.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
If he stays, we may have a fight on our hands next season....although the core of their team is getting pretty old.

I think it's too late for them to really challenge for this year's pl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts