Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word has it that Shearer will be Toon boss by the weekend.
Could be what will save them for the drop or else it will all go pear shaped and they get relegated with Shearer at the helm :D
Sky have reported it. No link yet, but it will be in all the morning papers.

Z

·
0 Posts
United v Newcastle games will be class :D

I don't think he has the bottle for it to be honest. Can you really imagine him turning a game around by giving the team a bollocking at half time?

And from what I see of him on Match of the Day he's got the tactical knowledge of a sprout.

"Cheer up Alan Shearer...."

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
not a chance IMO he hasn't got the personality for it i don't think!Also from our experience of players going straight into jobs in the premiership as their first job how many are successful?or even managers making a big step up ala Ince

would love to see it though just to see him get relegated :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Not sure what kind of difference he'd make, I doubt he's an idol to many of the players since the only Englishmen I can think of off the top of my head on that club are Barton (scouse twat), Owen, and Ameobi.

On another note, with all the bitching I've seen Englishmen do about foreign owners, what's it like knowing that the worst owner of all time is English?

Z

·
0 Posts
Not sure what kind of difference he'd make, I doubt he's an idol to many of the players since the only Englishmen I can think of off the top of my head on that club are Barton (scouse twat), Owen, and Ameobi.

On another note, with all the bitching I've seen Englishmen do about foreign owners, what's it like knowing that the worst owner of all time is English?
Ask Leeds fans :D

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
yet he turned us down twice .
i admire him big style.
i also think if he has the balls to step up to management from easy street on motd he should be given time.

the guy was totally the best striker in english football i ever saw .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yet he turned us down twice .
i admire him big style.
i also think if he has the balls to step up to management from easy street on motd he should be given time.

the guy was totally the best striker in english football i ever saw .
I dislike him but what you said is all true Hags.
I think he will be given till the end of the season, and then who knows? Fans will be delighted for a change.
He was some player to be fair.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm looking forward to Shearer becoming Toon Boss..!
It is only till the end of the season isn't it?
So we might not see him at Old Trafford next season!
It will be funny if it all goes "tits up" and Newcastle are relegated though!:)
The Newcastles fans will have no excuses after their Hero takes the job..!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Wouldn't it have been great if Keane had stayed at Sunderland. They could have renewed their rivalry at two of the biggest rivals in the country!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Wouldn't it have been great if Keane had stayed at Sunderland. They could have renewed their rivalry at two of the biggest rivals in the country!
I never thought of that until you mentioned it!!!

Damn that would have being brillant..!

I miss Roy Keane:frown:

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
he is mental taking the toon job , its a poisend chalice , no one will ever be successful there.
the chairman is a joke , he has made a total ballox of running the club , the fans are delusional and have seriously unrealistic expectations.
not a season goes by for them without at least half the squad picking up long term injuries , for the last decade failure has been ingrained in the club , its a cesspit of failure .

i wish shearer all the best of luck , for his sake i hope hes a better manager than a pundit.
i thought he was phenomenal as a player and gutted he never played for us.
the last man to really give it a go there was sir bobby and even then it was never made easy for him.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
geordie nation has a talisman

so reports have said shearer may take over at the barcodes .

i think its perfect timing .

they have been thwarted since jesus was a lad .

they actually have the makings of a half decent side

expectation is on the floor

his return would bring wave of optomism

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
shut it you yankie milkshake drainer
At least learn to spell Yankee right.

As far as the thread goes, I doubt he will help much. Considering the side they used to have back in the mid 90s, they still won **** all. They had Shearer playing, and just as much of a talisman as a manager and what'd they accomplish?

Coughing up a 12 point lead.

Unless success for Newcastle constitutes scraping relegation nowadays.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
At least learn to spell Yankee right.

As far as the thread goes, I doubt he will help much. Considering the side they used to have back in the mid 90s, they still won **** all. They had Shearer playing, and just as much of a talisman as a manager and what'd they accomplish?

Coughing up a 12 point lead.

Unless success for Newcastle constitutes scraping relegation nowadays.
you have no soul yan keee

its not all about trophies

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
what if its april fools could you imaging the carnage, maybe its a elaborate scheme to piss off all geordie fools to go on riot and there forth demolish newcastle so it can be rebuilt on and replaced by a new town with new people, or maybe my minds wondering

still if it is true i duno if its a wise move it seems that if newcastle go down they may even blame shearer which would be a shock, maybe its a scheme by ashley to make him less or maybe more hated

1 - 20 of 45 Posts