Manchester United Talk banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
I have 0 faith in our current manager now... granted, we're missing some very important names, but it seems the work the former manager did when all the positivity built up when things were looking good, has been undone :/
I think you just have to accept that Serbia are a good team and that Wales are shit.

I feel sorry for Bale. He has to go through years of misery with the national team.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I think you just have to accept that Serbia are a good team and that Wales are shit.

I feel sorry for Bale. He has to go through years of misery with the national team.
no offense to Morph but this young Serbia side should be beatable... that's the thing, the way we were going, we really could've made the play-off qualifiers of a big tournament... - at our best we were doing quite well and playing nice stuff....I see us nowhere near that now, wtf is this shit... we can't even defend. I pity Bale too.

·
43,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Well that was coming. What's the defence playing at? we seem to be shit at stopping the defence being under pressure too, we used to dominate possession and take the pressure off the backline, don't know what the hell coleman's gameplan was meant to be but fuck me.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Honestly, that was a class performance by my national team. Exactly he way United should play, direct counter attacking football using the wingers a lot. Also, I would LOVE if we got Ignjovski. He is the serbian Javi Martinez and still just 21. And love the fact that there were only 3 or 4 players above 25 on the pitch (team average 24).

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
Better players than Bale have had to suffer trying to single-handedly carry a national side. Anyway, he's injured about two thirds of the time so he won't have to worry about getting humiliated too often.

·
43,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Don't worry hdcantona, if the clown somehow hangs on you'll get a good result in a month (y)
I think we might find a way for both sides to lose :facepalm:

he's not had that much time but I've already lost faith in Coleman :/ I'm more than willing to give him a little more time but if he can't beat you lot in the state you're in (no offence) and win the other game (don't know who against) - it's another qualifying campaign all but over and we're humped for another 2 years at least - and I'm worried he's undoing the good work speed and his assistants had gotten going... from international laughing stock to outside contenders for a spot @ a major tournament, while beating teams in the top 20/30 fifa rankings (and being around 35th ourselves!)... - and now we're on our way back to international laughing stocks...

It's weird... I never wanted Speed... i wanted Coleman, but once Speed went, I made a point of being uneasy about Coleman insisting the assistant should've taken over... and I wish he had now.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think we might find a way for both sides to lose :facepalm:

he's not had that much time but I've already lost faith in Coleman :/ I'm more than willing to give him a little more time but if he can't beat you lot in the state you're in (no offence) and win the other game (don't know who against) - it's another qualifying campaign all but over and we're humped for another 2 years at least - and I'm worried he's undoing the good work speed and his assistants had gotten going... from international laughing stock to outside contenders for a spot @ a major tournament, while beating teams in the top 20/30 fifa rankings (and being around 35th ourselves!)... - and now we're on our way back to international laughing stocks...

It's weird... I never wanted Speed... i wanted Coleman, but once Speed went, I made a point of being uneasy about Coleman insisting the assistant should've taken over... and I wish he had now.
It'll probably end up being the most boring, 0-0 draw you've ever seen. :facepalm

I'm hoping we'll have a new manager by then to give everyone I boost - I've never seen Scotland fans show so much contempt for a manager as they did tonight. I don't see how there can be any way back.

I'm not surprised you're disappointed, you're like we were a few years ago - things were looking up and now it's come crashing back down again. What a position for both of us to be in before our game. It'll be interesting anyway.

·
43,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
It'll probably end up being the most boring, 0-0 draw you've ever seen. :facepalm

I'm hoping we'll have a new manager by then to give everyone I boost - I've never seen Scotland fans show so much contempt for a manager as they did tonight. I don't see how there can be any way back.

I'm not surprised you're disappointed, you're like we were a few years ago - things were looking up and now it's come crashing back down again. What a position for both of us to be in before our game. It'll be interesting anyway.
personally I hope you don't change him before then :p

Will be interesting I suppose... both sides could really do with a win...

·
Registered
672 Posts
I didn't watch the game, but how you lot managed to concede 6 goals to this Serbian side is a complete mystery to me. And I'm from Serbia. I did expect Serbia to win narrowly against Wales at home, but f*ck me I didn't see this result coming. I definitely need to watch the highlights now...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Very disappointing for Wales as both Scotland and Republic of Ireland recently managed 0-0 draws against Serbia.

I think it's fair to say that Wales need to forget about qualifying for the World Cup and concentrate on finishing as high up the group as possible to achieve a decent seeding for the next qualification draw. In that respect, the games against Macedonia and Scotland are crucial for Wales.

·
43,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
hdcantona. What did I tell you?

If Levein is still in charge after this double-header then I have no idea... :facepalm
Sorry about the bale dive, though apparently we were denied a pen we should've gotten (I was in the gents) pub erupted when he scored that screamer though

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Sorry about the bale dive, though apparently we were denied a pen we should've gotten (I was in the gents) pub erupted when he scored that screamer though
No real complaints for me decision wise. I don't think it was a penalty, though I'm not sure how much of a dive it was either - he clipped his own heels. However, you should have got a penalty before because Berra fouled Davies (?) in the box. He had his arms round him and wasn't looking for the ball.

Also, the goal that was ruled out was shouldn't have been ruled out for the reason the assistant gave. But Adam was offside when he received the ball before he crossed, so I guess it evened itself out in the end.

There probably wasn't a lot between the teams, but Scotland didn't offer much of a threat in the second half. It might have gone either way but not really disappointed about the result in terms of the performance of both teams tonight..

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I used to really like Coleman when he was at Fulham.

But fuck me, the interview he gave on SSN was an absolute joke. Making excuse after excuse and saying that the refs did his side wrong

221 - 240 of 256 Posts