Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
If Berbatov and Rooney remain the de facto partnership preferred by Fergie, I honestly don't see how (long) he will want to stay (on the bench) as a backup. He is Tevez, not a Campbell or a Wellbeck, who is keen to learn his trade from a closer distance or excited enough to be standing by for any emergency call up. Just look at his tormented face on the bench.

Again, who doesn't hope to have a Tevez as backup but realistically, for how long?

I won't be surprised if he leaves for Real Madrid if indeed there is a firm offer. True, he may not play every game there too. But all else being equal, his dream of playing in Spain may just well be that extra pull factor for him to leave since there is really not much difference anyway in terms of opportunities.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
RedForceRising said:
His family would have no problems with the language and climate there either.
As a man who speaks fluent Spanish, and as a man who's brother has a roommate from Argentina, I can tell you for a fact that the Argentine dialect of "Spanish" is actually closer to Italian. It shouldn't make for too many problems, but its harder than say, an American going to England or vice versa.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Prefer to Tevez to go to Madrid than Ronaldo.

Tevez is replaceable.
No-one, barring possibly Messi (but we can't get him anyway), can replace Ronaldo.

I wouldn't really lose any sleep as it's a nothing story anyway.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Tevez Will Join Madrid - Marca

"Tevez said 'yes' to Madrid...for next season," trumpeted Spanish sports daily Marca.

According to the newspaper - known for publishing stories that advance whatever agenda Real Madrid are interested in pursuing at any given time - a deal between Los Merengues and the Argentine international has already been signed.

It is certainly true that Real Madrid are desperate to bring in reinforcements for their depleted attack, with Dutch striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy - another ex-Manchester United star - ruled out for at least six months with a right knee injury suffered in the Champions League defeat by Juventus in October.

It has also been speculated - though denied by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson - that the Red Devils would be willing to offload Tevez rather than bite the bullet of buying his expensive contract from the MSI agency that 'owns' him, especially as Ferguson seems to have settled on Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov, when both are fit, as his regular starting strike force.

However, that does not necessarily mean that Marca have put the two situations together and come up with the right answer.

Madrid are currently fourth in La Liga, five points behind leaders Barcelona.

Mark Hinton, Goal.com

21 - 27 of 27 Posts