Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has faith that Bolton will provide a stern test for Chelsea in Sunday's Premier League title decider.

If Bolton beat Chelsea then United will be champions, regardless of the outcome of their clash with Wigan.

Wigan have vowed to try to beat United but, while Ferguson has fears over Bolton's commitment, he believes they will be ready for Chelsea. "Nobody is saying anything about Bolton," said Ferguson.

Last week's victory against Sunderland secured Bolton's Premier League status barring a freakish set of results on Sunday and so they face Chelsea with little to play for - a fact not lost on Ferguson.

"People have questioned Wigan's integrity but when you look at it, the different attitudes are quite interesting," he said. Both teams are safe, relaxed and confident. Yet one can celebrate and the other is all keyed up to play against Manchester United.

"The only thing that gives me confidence about Bolton is the manager and assistant manager.

"I worked with (Bolton assistant) Archie Knox for many years at Aberdeen and United.

"I wish he was playing because he will not enjoy having his players out celebrating and neither will Gary Megson. It is an important game. I am confident in these two guys taking their team to Chelsea."

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Chelsea will win, no doubt about it.

Fergie put himself in this position and it's up to him to make sure we go to Wigan and perform like a League winning team and "Increase the Goal Difference"! :)

·
23,699 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Chelsea will win, no doubt about it.

Fergie put himself in this position and it's up to him to make sure we go to Wigan and perform like a League winning team and "Increase the Goal Difference"! :)
I second k4t in both points, especially the second. :rolleyes: Who would believe that he, in all his wisdom and experience, planned this Big Tease?

End of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts