Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Redondo has given his recipe for success at Old Trafford.

The elegant Redondo was part of the Madrid side that stunningly knocked Manchester United out of the 2000 Champions League at quarter final stage, thanks in part to his unforgettable back-heeled dribble.

And the Argentinian has stated that his team did not really believe in their chances when they made the trip to England.

Inter will try to emulate Redondo’s team on Tuesday night and make history at Old Trafford, after a goalless draw at the San Siro a fortnight ago.

“People often speak to me about this semi-final in Manchester, but in fact it was the quarter final and they don’t remember the final with Valencia or the semi-final with Bayern [Munich],” Redondo told El Pais.

“And as far as I’m concerned, I keep it in mind, especially because we didn’t make the trip to Old Trafford with massive belief.

“Manchester were European champions and hadn’t lost at home for a year. The public was amazing. They gave us a standing ovation after the game.

“Such recognition in this institution, especially from the losing fans, was a great thing for football. I never saw that again.”

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
This isn't that relevant, however;
Redondo injured himself shortly after arriving at AC Milan and
told the management to stop paying his wages and tried to
give back the house they gave him. If only there were a few
more chaps like him about.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isn't that relevant, however;
Redondo injured himself shortly after arriving at AC Milan and
told the management to stop paying his wages and tried to
give back the house they gave him. If only there were a few
more chaps like him about.
yeah - i opened athread about him a couple of weeks ago and i mentioned that;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts