Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, hello everyone, I'm a 28y italian AC Milan supporter and a Man United secret lover!

I wanna come (with some friends) to the Old Trafford to watch a game of Man United. Why? I love your team, sincerly, the way it is and I always loved the matches between yours and my team I saw in the last 20 years. So we thought "why can't we go to Old Trafford and support our second team?". We are planning to come and visit London (I already have been there twice and I loved it) for some days at the end of 2009 (date t.b.d.) and I was wondering if you could give us some suggestions about:

- good timing to come there (october, november or december?)
- what competition (champions, premiership, fa cup?)
- where to buy the tickets (in London or...?)

Just give me all the suggestions you can, we'd love to come there and support Man United with you :specool:

To add a note: we don't go to the italian stadiums because most of them just suck badly, people, structures, organization, etc. And when we see Man United matches in Old Trafford everything just looks perfect (is it?)

P.S: GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED, i wanna sing this when I come :whistling:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
depends on the fixture list, so i would wait until then. should be premier league, champions league and carling cup available around the times you suggested, and if you look for a league game (anyone except arsenal, city, liverpool, chelsea) i reckon you would get with some ease.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
United do not enter the FA Cup until the 3rd round, which is in January.

It will be easy for you to get tickets for a home Carling Cup game - they never sell out - but obviously it's dependent on us being drawn at home.

Getting league and Champions League tickets can be difficult unless you are a One United member or season ticket holder. If you do not want to become a One United member (there is a cost involved) then I recommend getting friendly with a few members on this forum (the likes of Stephen in particular) who may be able to sort you out tickets.

P.S. No one sings Glory, glory Man United at Old Trafford.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Hi mate, I would suggest your best chance of buying a ticket would be over the internet or possibly at Old Trafford on the day of a match if you are lucky. You'd be very unlikely to find a ticket in London.

As for which competition, you get different qualities for different competitions. The Premiership is currently the best league in the world and is the true heart of English football. The FA Cup is magical, and from my experience you just can't match it for passion. And obviously the Champions League is the greatest club competition on Earth and is when the atmosphere at Old Trafford is at its best.

Oh and by the way, nobody really sings 'Glory Glory' at Old Trafford any more :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah probably the best option is a minor match of the premiership, at least for the first time we come there. Just to know, what's the cost of a ticket for a minor match? Or where can I check by myself on the internet (post a link if you know one thanks)

What do you sing at Old Trafford? We need to prepare :D

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
So, hello everyone, I'm a 28y italian AC Milan supporter and a Man United secret lover!

I wanna come (with some friends) to the Old Trafford to watch a game of Man United. Why? I love your team, sincerly, the way it is and I always loved the matches between yours and my team I saw in the last 20 years. So we thought "why can't we go to Old Trafford and support our second team?". We are planning to come and visit London (I already have been there twice and I loved it) for some days at the end of 2009 (date t.b.d.) and I was wondering if you could give us some suggestions about:

- good timing to come there (october, november or december?)
- what competition (champions, premiership, fa cup?)
- where to buy the tickets (in London or...?)

Just give me all the suggestions you can, we'd love to come there and support Man United with you :specool:

To add a note: we don't go to the italian stadiums because most of them just suck badly, people, structures, organization, etc. And when we see Man United matches in Old Trafford everything just looks perfect (is it?)

P.S: GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED, i wanna sing this when I come :whistling:
13. Post in English only. Posts containing languages other than English may be removed. Also refrain from using SMS or “street” or “gangsta” speak; we are a multi national forum and posts such as these can be completely misunderstood or cause offence.

(post removed).

Z

·
0 Posts
Peejay post in English only please. If you wanna talk jibberish do it via PM.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Yeah probably the best option is a minor match of the premiership, at least for the first time we come there. Just to know, what's the cost of a ticket for a minor match? Or where can I check by myself on the internet (post a link if you know one thanks)

What do you sing at Old Trafford? We need to prepare :D
For ticket prices (add £1 per ticket for next season)...

TICKETS AND HOSPITALITY - Ticket Prices - Manchester United Official Web Site

For United songs and chants...

Manchester United Songs and Chants - The Ultimate Guide

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's wrong with supporting one team like you're meant to.
If you don't want me to call it "support" I'll call it "lots of respect and admiration"

Thanks a lot reddwarf for the links and everyone else for the suggestions, We'll figure something out :happy

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
actually Ste - there is no limit on how many clubs you support, as I really like AC Milan, and in 2 or 3 years would like to go and see a game in the giuseppe meazza

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
So you support United then. And have a soft spot for meelan.
no i support Milan in all of their games apart from when they play us - it's still supporting, i still get merchandise and watch the matches (every week) it's just a shame it's so awkward to see them live in person - otherwise i would have gone years ago

1 - 20 of 21 Posts